The Strategic Implementation of the 2030 Agenda Unit is part of UNITAR’s Division for Satellite Analysis and Applied Research. The Unit is supporting the holistic and evidence-based implementation of the 2030 Agenda and SDGs through training, learning, advisory services and multi-stakeholder engagement. In the context of this initiative, UNITAR is designing and delivering training and stakeholder workshops, offering tailored methodological support and developing and delivering e-learning to support the mainstreaming and implementation of the 2030 Agenda in UN Member States.
UNITAR is partnering with several UN Agencies and other organizations to design and develop e-learning related to mainstreaming and implementation of the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs at the country level.
GENERAL OBJECTIVES OF THE CONTRACT:
Under the supervision of Senior Specialist, Strategic Implementation of the 2030 Agenda Unit, the consultant will support the instructional design and technical development of e-learning courses and microlearning.
RESPONSIBILITIES/DESCRIPTION OF PROFESSIONAL SERVICES:
- Develop an outline with learning objectives and the structure for e-learning courses according to the Quality Assurance Framework of UNITAR;
- Develop a learning design architecture and a storyboard for the interactive e-learning course modules;
- Implement interactive lessons using authoring tools and graphic design programmes, incl. voice-over;
- Prepare formative and summative assessments for e-learning courses;
- Develop and implement microlearning (e.g. videos, podcasts, micro- and nano-courses) using authoring tools and respective programmes per microlearning;
- Integrate comments and additional content proposed by UNITAR and the Institute’s partners.
MEASURABLE OUTPUTS/DELIVERABLES/SCHEDULE OF DELIVERABLES:
- Number of e-learning courses with a defined study time developed and implemented in a professional manner
- Number of microlearning products developed
PERFORMANCE INDICATORS FOR EVALUATION OF RESULTS:
- Well-structured content aligned with learning objectives and in compliance with the Quality Assurance Framework of UNITAR.
- Effectiveness of learning design and products in enabling leaners to achieve learning objectives.
- Visual attractiveness of learning products.
- Creative approach in developing storyboards and lessons.
- Good time management and timeliness of deliverables.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Instructional Design/Adult Learning/Education Technology;
- Strong experience with developing learning design architecture and writing story boards, and knowledge of design and authoring tools, programmes and software (e.g. Articulate Storyline, Rise, Adobe Suite, PowerPoint). And/Or strong experience with design and authoring tools, programmes and software such as Articulate Storyline, Rise, Adobe Suite, as well as video and animation software such as Adobe Captivate, GoAnimate, etc.
- Experience with Moodle and LMS platforms.
- Experience in working on learning addressing public policies in social, economic or environmental areas or in governance is an advantage.
At least Bachelor degree
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of other UN languages is an asset.