icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. As a values-based organization, icddr,b encourages women and people with disabilities.
Current recommendations of nutrient intakes for adults, including women, are derived from and applicable to healthy, well-nourished populations. The amounts of vitamins and minerals, referred to as micronutrients, needed to achieve a sufficiency state in undernourished settings are not determined. A randomized controlled trial will determine the minimum acceptable amounts of vitamins and minerals required to attain nutrient adequacy among women of reproductive age and during pregnancy in an undernourished setting where poor diets prevail and where women harbor a high burden of infection and nutrient deficiencies.
The Senior Research Officer will report to the Principal Investigator and will be responsible for planning, organizing, and performing specific study procedures with the objective of collecting high-quality research data within the guidelines of the research protocols and organizational values. She/he will be engaged in multiple tasks assigned by the PI, which include:
- Assist in developing a detailed research design, study implementation plan, data collection tool, and study methodology;
- Work with team members in preparing field plan; Collect high-quality data in a timely manner adhering to the protocol implementation plan;
- Supervise, guide, and provide feedback on overall field activities and monitor his/her subordinates on the study activities;
- Travel to different field sites to check study activities like data collection rechecking, cross-checking, and re-interview conducting;
- Maintain overall comprehensive coordination across all field activities;
- Oversee logistic management and infrastructure development activities;
- Under the guidance of PI, apply rigorous scientific analysis to derive meaningful scientific inferences from data;
- Prepare reports and share findings with the supervisor in order to execute activities in accordance with the research protocol;
- Maintain professional relationships and develop a good rapport with the Donor and other stakeholders;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor to ensure quality implementation and contribution to the project and the organization.
Required qualifications and experience:
- Masters in relevat discipline with good academic records; MPH will be preferred;
- At least 5 years of working experience in health research in international organization; Working experience in community-based randomized controlled trials and maternal nutrition will be preferred;
- Candidates will be given preference who have working experience in studies related to maternal nutrition and microbiome research;
- Candidates having publications in peer-reviewed journals and/or abstracts presented at national/international conferences will be given preference.
Location: Dhaka with frequent visits to field sites
Contract Type and Duration:
- Fixed Term; duration will be 1 year with a possibility of extension subject to availability of funds and performance.
Salary & benefits:
- Annual Tk.909,360/-inclusive of house rent, conveyance, and other admissible benefits;
- 14.8% provident fund contribution, income tax paid by icddr,b, children allowance @Tk.1,917/- per child per month, festival bonus, contributory healthcare support including dependent spouse and children, group life insurance, and subsidized canteen. Transport and daycare facilities are subject to space availability.
Notes of attention:
- Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for written test /interview;
- The organization reserves the right to make an appointment at a grade lower than that advertised;
- icddr,b does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Interested candidates who fulfil the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by February 15, 2024.