Position Title: Chief, ERP Solutions and Services Unit
Duty Station: Valencia, Spain
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P5
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 13 December 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity.
Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female candidates as well as applications from the non-represented member countries of IOM. For all IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
For the purpose of this vacancy, the following are considered first-tier candidates:
- Internal candidates
- External female candidates:
- Candidate from the following non-represented member states: Antigua and Barbuda; Barbados; Botswana; Cabo Verde; Comoros; Congo (the); Cook Islands; Dominica; Fiji; Grenada; Guinea-Bissau; Holy See; Iceland; Kiribati; Lao People's Democratic Republic (the); Madagascar; Marshall Islands; Micronesia (Federated States of); Namibia; Nauru; Palau; Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint Lucia; Solomon Islands; Suriname; The Bahamas; Tonga; Tuvalu; Uzbekistan; Vanuatu
Second-tier candidates include:
All external candidates, except candidates from non-represented member states of IOM and female candidates.
IOM has undertaken an institutional review of key business processes under the Internal Governance Framework (IGF) initiative. The IGF outlines the essential requirements for a modern and fit-for-purpose internal governance system that maintains and facilitates key organizational strengths while simultaneously improving the quality of IOM’s overall functioning. Through the application of the IGF, IOM seeks to improve efficiency, effectiveness, agility, consistency, accountability and transparency across IOM, through, inter alia, streamlining processes, differentiating controls according to risk levels and employing digitization and automation where appropriate.
Driven by and under the ‘umbrella’ of the IGF, IOM undertook a Business Transformation (BT) which consists of digitizing and transforming key business processes as well as an upgrade of
IOM’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution from SAP ECC to Oracle Cloud ERP. The final go-live of this initiative is expected for January 2024.
Under the overall supervision of the Director, Department of ICT/Chief Information Officer and direct supervision of the Deputy Director (ICT Solutions and Applications Services) and in close coordination with the Director, Business Transformation through project stabilization, the Chief ERP Solutions and Services Unit (ESU) will lead the team to ensure that the enterprise solutions space of project management (PRIMA), customer relationship management (CRM), and enterprise resource planning management (ERP) meets organizational performance objectives, remain aligned with evolving organizational requirements, and remain technically sound with respect to continuous platform updates and continuous business improvement.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Guide and oversee the financial and human resources management of ESU, and lead, develop work plans and supervise the ESU Team comprising Process Area Business Relationship Managers, Technical, Support and Training staff as well as contractors and consultants for the provision of technical and operations services.
- Plan and manage the Organization’s Enterprise Solutions by developing the strategic vision, strategies, roadmap plans and performance metrics for operations and improvements.
- Ensure continuity of operations of Enterprise Systems, monitor activities related to software upgrades (and regression tests), technical integrations, management of the cloud platforms and related users, and any other task eventually performed by selected vendors.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient provision of tier 3 user support, in coordination with ICT GSU, defining and monitoring the service levels and user satisfaction.
- Perform the role of Business Integration Manager by ensuring that all process areas are cross-functionally aligned and supported soundly by technical solutions.
- Lead the business relationships with business process owners and other stakeholders, including the Team of Business Relationship Managers (BRM) covering the full solution scope. Directly responsible for BRM general services and contracts process areas.
- Oversee business analyses, and identifies, advises and coordinates on business process improvement and management of change activities impacting business functions resulting from solution enhancements and changes, with a specific focus on maximizing the evolution allowed by the periodical release of new functions by the cloud providers.
- Liaise with the ICT Enterprise Architect to ensure the ESU's solutions remain compatible with and helps advance ICT's overall architectural and technology goals.
- Develop, implement and monitor information and application standards and guidelines, including testing paradigms; prepare technical and user documentation for entire systems and interdependent applications, detailed technical presentations and various technical reports.
- Supports the ICT governance bodies and steering committees preparing projects plans, service reports, charter documents, decision support material and any other material needed for application solution decision making.
- Manage all related project and operations activities and track, monitor and report on project progress against plans, requirements, quality measures, and operational service levels vs. agreements.
- Manage the preparation of vendor contract requirements, work with procurement to support acquisition processes, and responsible for daily vendor relationship management.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Management of Information Systems, Business, Accounting or a related field from an accredited academic institution with ten years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in one of the above fields with twelve years of relevant experience.
- PMP or equivalent project management professional certification will be an asset.
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible experience with ERP development, implementation or managememt;
- Experience with at least two large-scale ERP projects performing a similar or higher project management role, ideally involving Oracle Cloud ERP implementation;
- Experience in Agile project management or iterative development desirable;
- Work experience in the UN system would be an advantage, especially experience deploying ERP systems into environments with security and telecommunications challenges;
- Vendor management experience would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise effectively with senior-level internal and external stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams composed of staff, vendors and external consultants without direct functional authority;
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and to persuade teams having differing points of view and priorities to converge on agreed solutions;
- Knowledge of ERP solutions used in the UN system would be an advantage, especially knowledge of UN entitlements and payroll processing and IPSAS-based accounting.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these five values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences. Encourages diversity and inclusion.
- Integrity and transparency: Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Courage: Demonstrates willingness to take a stand on issues of importance.
- Empathy: Shows compassion for others, makes people feel safe, respected and fairly treated.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner. Is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own actions and delegated work.
- Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication. Explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the Organization’s vision. Assists others to realize and develop their leadership and professional potential.
- Empowering others: Creates an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Building Trust: Promotes shared values and creates an atmosphere of trust and honesty.
- Strategic thinking and vision: Works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Humility: Leads with humility and shows openness to acknowledging own shortcomings.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations. Recommended candidates endorsed by the Appointments and Postings Board will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and background verification and security clearances. Subject to certain exemptions, vaccination against COVID-19 will in principle be required for individuals hired on or after 15 November 2021. This will be verified as part of the medical clearance process.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications HERE, by 13 December 2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
From 30.11.2023 to 13.12.2023
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: VN 2023 545 Chief, ERP Solutions and Services Unit (P5) Valencia, Spain (58520256) Released
Posting: Posting NC58520257 (58520257) Released