Associate IT Officer (IT Governance)
Job Vacancy | Wednesday, November 29, 2023
|Information Technology Department
|Office of the Director General, ITD
|Asian Development Bank Headquarters
|Wednesday, November 29, 2023
|Thursday, December 14, 2023 11:59 p.m. (2359 Manila Time, 0800 GMT)
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned to the Information Technology Department (ITD) of ADB. ITD enables ADB’s digital agenda and supports the Bank’s global operations. The department delivers digital innovation, IT infrastructure, services, and solutions, and provides tools and knowledge platforms.
The Associate IT Officer (IT Governance) provides analytical and operational support for the IT Governance initiatives of the Information Technology Department (ITD). Main responsibilities include developing and monitoring of IT strategic priorities and IT performance metrics; designing and managing governance processes (including support to high-level governance-related activities); preparing ADB management reports; and organizing IT Governance events such as departmental and divisional retreats and supports knowledge-sharing related activities. The incumbent will report to a designated International and Senior National Staff.
· Coordinates activities within ITD to support the governance processes and policies of the Information Technology and Data Committee (ITDC) and any of its sub-committees by:
o working closely with Project Managers to build presentation materials on project status with respect to the schedule, cost, quality, risk, business change management and business benefits;
o assessing the sufficiency of IT project updates and selecting the appropriate information that is relevant to the ITDC, in line with the approved meeting agenda;
o performing spot audits to ensure accuracy, validity and completeness of information that will aid the ITDC in making informed decisions;
o documenting ITDC decisions, ensuring dissemination to ITDC members and relevant stakeholders, and monitoring ITD activities to ensure compliance with these decisions.
· Works with ITD Leadership Team in preparing and monitoring ITD’s annual work plan, in line with the objectives and direction of the Department, in support of the ADB’s strategy. Revises or updates the work plan based on changing business needs.
· Builds and submits comprehensive ADB management reports such as, but not limited to, Work Program and Budget Framework, ADB Annual Report, 3-Year Rolling Capital Budget and Special Capex Board Reports, materials, and presentations for ADB Management and Board Members.
· Develops ITD’s annual report and management dashboards that will highlight ITDs contribution to the business such as, but not limited to, IT solutions, service delivery, and performance.
· Monitors and reports key IT performance indicators for Corporate Results Framework (CRF)/ Development Effectiveness Review (DEfR).
· Collaborates with the different groups in ITD in defining and improving relevant IT processes that support critical business processes, strategic initiatives and the portfolio of IT-enabled investments. This will include but not limited to business case development, IT investment prioritization, among others. Drives the continual improvement of ITOD governance business processes.
· Assists ITOD in budget preparation and monitoring ensuring that the resources (budget, skills, capacity) required to meet ITOD work plan commitments are planned and managed in close collaboration with the ITFS budget team.
· Plans, organizes, and coordinates IT briefings and presentations such as Departmental briefings, Envisioning workshops with key stakeholder groups.
· Coordinates and maintains regular communication with other International Financial Institutions (IFIs) and Multilateral Development Banks (MDBs) to ensure continuous knowledge sharing of best practices.
· Other duties that may be assigned as reflected in the incumbent’s work plan.
Relevant Experience & Requirement
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business Administration, Communication, or Computer Science or relevant fields.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant professional experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
- Knowledgeable in IT Governance, Portfolio, Program, and Project Management practices, and balance score cards.
- Good understanding of IT project management framework, process improvement approach, and software development life cycle (SDLC) as defined by the Project Management Institute (PMI) and the Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Institute. Preferably with CMMI and/or Project Management Professional (PMP) or Prince 2 certification or equivalent.
- Ability to understand and relate details of various compliance issues (people, technology, and processes). Preferably certified in IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) or equivalent
- Experience working remotely and utilizing virtual collaboration technologies.
- Experience in designing and writing Board documents/Management reports.
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for NS1.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.