Votre environnement de travail
Action contre la Faim has been working in Mozambique between 1991 and 2001, and has resumed its presence in 2019 via local actors’ strengthening and in 2021 via direct interventions. ACF’s mission in Mozambique is currently in full expansion, with ongoing large scale emergency projects and several others in discussion. The field team is composed of 120 people, and the team is still growing.
Our assistance currently focuses on the Province of Cabo Delgado, with an office in office in Pemba and a sub-office in Mueda. However we are working on a registration in two other Provinces in the Northern part of the country.
The organization currently plays a strong role in Health emergency capacities strengthening, through the support of the mobile health brigades and health facilities and nutrition care to IDPs and host communities. ACF is working to reduce food insecurity among the affected population (food and cash assistance) and contribute to improve their resilience through by supporting household agriculture and incoming generating activities. ACF is also improving access to WASH services and WASH practices at institutional (school/health facilities) and community levels for IDPs and host communities.
Votre poste et vos responsabilités Under the supervision of the Country Director, you will ensure the overall implementation of the programme strategy of the mission and the quality of the programs; and the coordination of new project proposals development in line with the mission strategy. The quality, improvements, and necessary follow-up of projects implemented in different geographical locations of Cabo Delgado will be under your direct responsibility. More precisely, you will : Ensure coordination and implementation of programs and operational management in line with country strategy, design the programmatic strategy of the mission, and coordinate the development of new project proposals : programs and grants follow-up, oversee the quality of programs, visit field activities, ensure programs are coherent with ACF strategy, etc. Manage your teams and improve their skills by defining HR/skills needs, promote the commitment of ACF charter, ensure that all team members have access to development opportunities, lead the program technical department Analyze the humanitarian needs in the Cabo Delgado province Represent and liaise with donors, authorities, local organizations, UN, NGOs on operational strategy and program-related issues Follow-up on management of program budgets and logistics procedures Represent the Country Director when and as required.
You have a master's degree in development / humanitarian aid, international relations or a field relevant.You have a 5 years experience in the field in one or more challenging contexts and a minimum of 5 years experience in Grant and reporting management.You also have a consolidated experience of project cycle management and using participatory tools and methodologies.You have proven leadership and management skills in a complex international setting.You have an extensive knowledge and understanding of Humanitarian coordination mechanisms, a good knowledge of main ACF sectors of intervention and knowledge of the maine donors policy, requirements and partnerships.You are fluent in English and have a good knowledge of Portuguese.
Vos conditions d’emploi
- Fixed term contract under French legislation: 12 months
- Monthly gross salary from 2899 to 3376€ upon experience
- Reimbursement of the pension insurance for non-French citizens: 16% of the gross monthly salary
- Annual salary increase: 6% increase after and each 12 months of continuous contract
- Monthly per diem and living allowance: 653€ net, field paid
- Monthly country allowance: 300€
- Child allowance: 1500€ per year per child present in the country of origin (maximum 6000€/year)
- Transportation and accommodation: Coverage of transportation costs and guest house
- Medical coverage: ACF covers 100% of the social security, health insurance, and repatriation insurance agreement fees.
- Salary sustainment measures (sickness, paternity, maternity)
- Leaves and RnR: 25 days of paid leaves per year, 20 RnR per year, airfare reimbursement with a ceiling to get to the chosen break destination, and 215 € for each RnR period
- Accompaniment and trainings:
- Follow-up and support for career development
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©
ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination.
Pourquoi nous rejoindre ?
We are looking for someone energetic and proactive who wants to make a difference and position the ACF as a substantial player in Mozambique. This is an exciting period of growth and configuration, so your initiative and resourcefulness will be ideal. The dynamics are challenging, but people in Mozambique are very friendly and welcoming.