Deputy Country Director – Program Quality
We are currently recruiting a Syria Deputy Country Director – Program Quality to join our Syria country Program.
This is an office-based position in Amman- Jordan
At Relief International, we are committed to building a representative, inclusive and authentic workplace. We strongly encourage applications from candidates from minoritized backgrounds those who bring lived experience of the contexts in which we work.
We are proud to be a global recruiter, hiring people from around the world. We offer competitive salaries and benefit packages for all staff, that are applied fairly and transparently. This means we are unable to advertise the salary as it is dependent on the local job market of the staff member, we will inform shortlisted candidates of the salary range as part of the selection process.
Note you must have the right to work in your home-based location and that national terms and conditions will apply.
About Relief International.
Relief International (RI) works in 15 countries globally to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises, and chronic poverty.
About the Opportunity.
Your Role: As Deputy Country Director – Program Quality, you'll lead strategic program development, ensuring high-quality services for Syrian communities. Collaborate with teams, represent RI, and drive innovation.
Impact: Make a difference in challenging circumstances, overseeing expertise in Health, Nutrition, Protection, and Livelihoods.
If you are a dynamic leader with a strong commitment to delivering high-quality programs in a challenging environment, we invite you to join our team and make a meaningful impact on the lives of the communities we serve.
Your responsibilities will be
Strategic Oversight & Representation
· Provide SMT with strategic analysis on program needs and humanitarian trends.
· Identify program opportunities and advocate for impactful interventions.
· Represent RI in various humanitarian forums.
· Collaborate with Country Director to establish partnerships.
Program Development & Quality
· Lead program development, ensuring alignment with field needs.
· Coordinate with Global and Regional Support Offices.
· Set quality benchmarks and oversee regular monitoring.
· Ensure protection and gender mainstreaming.
· Lead research and assessments.
MEAL and Knowledge Management
· Implement MEAL strategies and systems.
· Develop monitoring systems for timely and accurate results.
· Create evidence and learning plans.
· Promote accountability to affected populations.
· Support data collection, analysis, and dissemination.
· Capacity development for MEAL staff.
· Monitor and enhance program quality.
· Ensure compliance with internal and international standards.
· Foster cross-thematic learning.
· Capacity development for technical experts.
· Coordinate with support departments.
· Travel to Hubs for program coordination.
· Timely reporting to donors and internal teams.
Capacity Building & Teamwork
· Foster teamwork and collaboration.
· Provide capacity building and guidance.
· Ensure high-quality written products.
· Coordinate with DCD PI for program alignment.
You will bring the following experience and skills.
· A bachelor's degree in fields like Development Studies, Political Sciences, Journalism, Law, or related areas.
· Proven experience working in challenging conflict-affected regions and complex settings.
· Knowledge of Syria's humanitarian landscape and familiarity with Middle East geopolitical dynamics (considered an advantage).
· A solid understanding of humanitarian principles, International Humanitarian Law (IHL), International Human Rights Law (IHRL), protection, and gender issues.
· A track record of senior management roles or similar positions within the humanitarian or development sectors.
· Previous involvement in Health and Protection programs is advantageous, along with a demonstrated ability to integrate these programs effectively.
· Proficiency in conducting research, producing reports, and creating advocacy materials.
· Familiarity with humanitarian programs and the ability to identify strategic advocacy opportunities.
· Exceptional skills in external representation, especially when engaging with government officials, donors, and partners.
· Innovative problem-solving capabilities.
· Effective decision-making skills under pressure, managing multiple competing tasks while meeting deadlines.
· Fluent in both written and spoken English.
· Adaptability and flexibility.
· Strategic thinking.
· Strong analytical and writing skills.
· Solution-oriented and positive mindset.
· Exceptional organizational and planning abilities.
· Self-critical, curious, and a strong desire for professional development.
· Impactful and respectful communication.
How to apply.
To apply for this post, click on the “Apply” button in the job advert page.
· You will be asked to upload a CV and Cover Letter.
· The cover letter should be two pages, and explain why you are interested in this post with Relief International and how your skills and experience make you a good fit.
· To read the full TOR please follow this link “https://ri.box.com/s/7not4pgg3i64itsc5y4spc1clnwf3sgb”
Closing date: [insert date as per 4 weeks as per job boards] or/and Please apply immediately we will be reviewing applicants on a rolling basis, therefore we may withdraw the position from the jobs board before the closing date.
As a humanitarian organization, Relief International is committed to the safeguarding of all those we come into contact with through our work. We are committed to the core humanitarian principles regarding prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse. Relief International expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and uphold the values and behaviors outlined in the Code of Conduct.
Recruitment to all roles in Relief International include a criminal records self-declaration, references, and other pre-employment checks, which may include police and qualifications checks.