Passing Gift Pvt Ltd
Passing Gifts Private Limited is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with some form of specially abled.
Passing Gifts Private Limited (PGPL) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Heifer International USA and it provide services in educating, consulting, training, advising, and providing professional and technical services to individuals, associations, and entities in India and abroad, particularly those who support or are working in the areas of social advancement and sustainable development.
TRANSFORM is a USAID-supported, Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA)-aligned initiative implemented by Cargill in partnership with PGPL that is advancing market-driven animal health solutions to: (i) support increased global access to safe, affordable, high-quality animal-sourced nutrition; and (ii) strengthen global health security through the prevention of antimicrobial resistance, emerging zoonoses, and transboundary animal diseases.
The Country Lead will provide leadership and guide the implementation of the project to ensure the TRANFORM project is executed in a way that meets project objectives and deliverables. The Project Lead will be the primary liaison with the government, USAID, and other stakeholders in India.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES: (including approximate percentage effort)
National Government Engagement (45%)
- Build and maintain relationships with relevant government departments (such as, Ministry of Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries; Ministry of Rural Development; One Health consortium, etc.) at the national level.
- Lead meetings with relevant government officials/authorities to provide project updates and look for areas of collaboration.
- Develop and implement comprehensive government engagement strategies to influence biosecurity, antimicrobial use and other One Health related policies, legislations and plans at national, regional, or local levels.
- Identify opportunities within government at national, state, and local levels to mobilize and leverage resources to advance TRANSFORM’s goal and objectives.
- Monitor and analyze existing and proposed legislative and regulatory changes that may impact TRANSFORM’s work and provide timely recommendations and responses to ensure project implementation is aligned with relevant government regulations, policies, and priorities.
- Work with the communications and other project team members to develop campaigns and awareness on biosecurity, antimicrobial use and other One Health initiatives targeting government-oriented audiences.
- Maintain accurate records and reports of government interactions, policy developments, and advocacy efforts providing regular reports to the leadership and project teams.
Stakeholder Engagement and Partnership Development (35%)
- Engage with stakeholders to establish networks and build alliances to position the project within broader development frameworks.
- Create partnerships with stakeholders to achieve shared goals.
- Assist in organizing and implementing capacity-building seminars or training programmes for government officials and implementing partners.
- Present on behalf of the project at national conferences, policy roundtables and/or forums.
Project Oversight and Management (15%)
- Ensure the project is on time and within project budget and scope at all times.
- Provide regular updates on project activities to USAID and other stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities and provide direction for government and stakeholder collaboration.
- Draft key documents in partnership with consortium members such as work plans, semi-annual and annual reports, and monthly or other reports requested by USAID or Cargill.
May perform other job-specific duties as assigned (5%)
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree plus fifteen (15) years of related experience is required, OR master’s degree plus twelve (12) years of related experience
- Demonstrated success working with National Government ministries such as Ministry of Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries and Ministry of Rural Development
- Experience in government engagement, strategic partnerships, relationship management and/or public relations
- Excellent networking, communication, and presentation skills
- Extremely client-focused and results-oriented.
- Advanced English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to navigate challenging situations to achieve goals and deadlines.
- Demonstrate a high degree of honesty and integrity.
- Motivated to work responsibly with little supervision.
- Ability to meet and deal with others in a courteous and tactful manner.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and to always maintain confidentiality.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Constant face-to-face, telephone and electronic communication with colleagues, government officials, and the public.
- Willingness and ability to travel locally and internationally.
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets PowerPoint, web designing, collaboration platform and tools, and electronic mail software (Microsoft preferred).
- Constant sitting, standing and walking, with occasional bending and lifting; may work at a computer for extended periods of time.