Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank consists of two entities – the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) and the International Development Association (IDA). It is a global development cooperative owned by 189 member countries. As the largest development bank in the world, the World Bank provides loans, guarantees, risk management products, and advisory services to middle-income and creditworthy low-income countries, and coordinates responses to regional and global challenges. Visit http://www.worldbank.org/.
The MNC01 program is led by Regional Country Director and managed out of the Rabat country office, in Morocco. In addition, the department serves five countries namely Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, and Malta.
The Extended Term Temporary (ETT) – Team Assistant will be based in the Rabat Country Office, will report to the Senior Operations Officer.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The selected candidate will be assigned to support a set of sectors, as well as for tasks associated to the Unit’s overall work program for which ad-hoc support may be needed from time to time, the ETT-Team Assistant will be expected to:
• Provide assistance at various levels in organizing meetings, conference calls, video conferences, workshops, conferences, including handling administrative and logistic arrangements, preparing and assembling meeting materials, sending out invitations, and follow-up.
• Prepare, review, edit and format project documentation according to Bank and Regional guidelines, as well as maintain a coherent filing system ensuring that all projects’ documents are properly filed and referenced.
• Participate in developing project/product timelines, using appropriate software.
• Undertake ad hoc inquiries, investigate standard and non-standard databases, identify and research various sources of information, retrieve, manipulate and present data.
• Respond and handle a wide range of extensive and diverse inquiries, prioritizing and making decisions when multiple courses of action are possible and prepare correspondence on a range of topics.
• Provide administrative support, organize, and manage meeting schedules for task teams (and visiting missions before and while they are in country).
• Manage internal and external inquiries related to the status of projects in the absence of task team leader and team members.
• Maintain current distribution lists, phone/address lists of project/product contacts, and distributes documents for the team.
• Extract, monitor and report on disbursement data for active projects.
• Translate short documents from English/Arabic and Arabic/English relevant to the work of the team, such as reports, memos, articles, etc.
• Organize and maintain filing system in SharePoint.
• Drafts routine correspondence and proofreads materials using proper grammar, punctuation, and style.
• Record, disseminate and track all correspondences and minutes of meetings.
• Coordinates schedules taking priorities into account, monitors changes, and communicates the information to appropriate staff inside and outside the immediate work unit, including officials outside the Bank Group.
• Undertake ad-hoc assignments and provide support and backup to other staff in the unit as required.
• Minimum Education/Experience: bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years of relevant experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Excellent IT skills (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
• Excellent interpersonal, communication (both written and oral Arabic, French and English) and organizational skills.
• Ability to deal tactfully with contacts at all levels, both inside and outside the Bank.
• Strong analytical skills and proven attention to details to ensure high professional standards.
• Team player with a high degree of motivation, initiative, reliability, and willingness to help others to meet the unit’s work objectives.
• Experience in event planning and organization.
• Ability to draft routine correspondence (memoranda, minutes, responses to queries) and edit and proofread correspondence, ensuring proper grammar, punctuation, and style.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET appointment of three years. If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their third-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments.