The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Operations Directorate (OPS), Operations Resource Management Division (ORM) at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a (Senior) Administrator - Coordination*.
This is a full-time position at grade 1/2 for which the EIB offers a permanent contract.
*internal benchmark: (Senior) Administrative Assistant
Panel interviews are anticipated for mid-November 2023.
As (Senior) Administrator, you will provide comprehensive administrative support to the Head of Division and other team members of the Division, across the scope of the Division’s responsibilities, aiming to contribute to the efficiency and performance of the team's overall activity.
Under the supervision of the Head of ORM Division, you will take on a pivotal role as the key contact person for any kind of matters handled by the Division and you will be expected to offer appropriate service to all OPS internal clients. Some of challenges you might face will include the number and variety of issues arising, as well as the need to solve them in an efficient, diplomatic and discreet manner.
In this position, you will:
- Maintain the smooth administrative management of the activities carried out by the ORM Division, such as:
- manage the Head of Division’s agenda to optimise time allocation, coordinate arrangements for meetings and resolve conflicting demands.
- actively plan and organise various meetings, including the regular Division meetings and outings/away days
- ensuring appropriate follow-up, distributing and circulating information within the Division in order to assist the team members in the performance of their duties.
- assisting and follow-up with the Head of ORM Division’s requests
- maintaining internal databases and extracting data.
- Follow-up on requests regarding: arrival/transfer/departure of OPS employees as well as of external consultants, IT issues, Facility Management issues, office arrangements, in coordination with the Staffing team / Procurement team and the Department Assistants
- Ensure the provision and maintenance of office facilities, services supplies and IT equipment, in close collaboration with internal counterparts
- Coordinate IT and Facilities Management-related projects as required, being able to solve complex issues as and when they arise, with knowledge and judgement
- Liaise with OPS managers and assistants to confirm the needs in terms of logistics (services and interventions, moves, equipment, furniture, supplies, IT equipment and access rights for newcomers and existing staff)
- Support the Division in the drafting/finalisation of documents, notes, reports, presentation material and other communication prepared by the Division to ensure a timely and consistent quality of documents. The tasks include among other things:
- Finalise correspondence, meeting notes and other communications from the Division.
- Support the Division with the preparation and subsequent distribution of MC Notes through SmartNote, in respect with strict deadlines; supervise the validation flow in SmartNote
- Coordinate the update of the official signature list for OPS.
- Support the preparation of ad-hoc reports and statistics as well as presentation material within the Division.
- Contribute to a good team spirit and working atmosphere within the Division and the Directorate, to facilitate the timely implementation of tasks, smooth flow of information and achievement of objectives.
- Demonstrate flexibility and cooperate actively during peak periods to provide smooth and efficient administrative support to the Division.
- Secondary level diploma, complemented with a 2-year certification in a relevant field (e.g. secretarial studies, business administration) or secondary level diploma with equally qualified experience in a relevant field
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in providing administrative support
- Strong sense of responsibility and initiative and good organisational skills
- Ability to work accurately under pressure, to meet deadlines and priorities; work with flexibility and availability
- Excellent knowledge of standard MS Office Tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French (*), with a good command of the other.
Find out more about EIB core competencies here
(*) Unless stated explicitly as a required qualification, a good command of French is not a pre-requisite for hire. As both English and French are however official working languages of the EIB, proficiency in both languages is a pre-requisite for your future career development. Any language clause in your contract must be fulfilled in order for you to be eligible for a promotion (either via the annual appraisal cycle or via an internal selection process). Proficiency is understood to mean the attainment of level 5 of the Inter Institutional language courses, corresponding to B1.2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL). The Bank offers appropriate training support.
We are an equal opportunities employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. We encourage all suitably qualified and eligible candidates to apply regardless of their gender identity/expression, age, racial, ethnic and cultural background, religion and beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, disability or neurodiversity.
Applicants with specific needs are encouraged to request reasonable accommodations at any stage during the recruitment process. Please contact the EIB Recruitment team Jobs@eib.org who will ensure that your request is handled.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorised disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
Deadline for applications: 16th October 2023