Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. Visit www.worldbank.org.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Handles Receptionist's duties: mail, pouch, correspondence and press distribution, answering and phone screening, forwarding messages and assisting the World Bank clients at the front desk as the first point of contact.
• Provides assistance to the Budget, Performance Review and Strategic Planning Team (invoices, VAT recovery, other ad hoc tasks)
• Provides support to World Bank Group agencies:
• Coordinating the schedules of meetings during missions;
• Assistance in drafting and distributing a variety of routine documents;
• Making travel arrangements;
• Managing the flow of documents;
• Supporting the Teams in everyday demand situations;
• Editing and formatting of reports;
• Organizing various high level conferences and workshops, preceded by procurement of goods and services (local hotels, travel agencies, event companies);
• Provides back-up support to various teams.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AT RECRUITMENT:
• Minimum Education: High School diploma; University degree is desired. Current students are welcome to apply;
• Minimum Experience: 2 years’ work experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• diligence in document handling;
• An excellent command of English and Polish, verbal and written;
• Demonstrated excellent office support: proficiency in using standard computer applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet);
• Strong organization skills;
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET appointment of three years. If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their third-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments.