Area of Specialization/Thematic Areas:
Support in programme development, administration/logistics
Overview (quick description of the funded project and its context):
The Programme in Peacemaking and Conflict Prevention Unit (PMCPU) organizes training and knowledge-sharing seminars to strengthen capacities for the prevention and resolution of conflict. It conducts regular international training programmes for diplomats and UN staff, regional training programmes and an international programme for Indigenous Peoples’ representatives. The activities require a high level of organizational and detailed work.
Responsibilities/Description of Professional Services:
- Assist in the preparation and follow-up of several PMCPU activities;
- Conduct assigned research and organize training materials for PMCPU activities;
- Assist in proofreading and editing of PMCPU documents;
- Assist in other tasks as requested by the supervisor.
At the end of the traineeship the incumbent will be able to:
- Describe the main steps related to project organization as they relate to capacity development programmes;
- Design a checklist with a timeline for the organization of capacity development programmes;
- Describe some of the methods used for monitoring and evaluation of programmes;
- Enumerate the important steps when conducting research on potential donors and foundations.
Measurable outputs/Deliverables/Schedule of Deliverables:
- Checklist of logistics necessary for the organization of PMCPU programmes designed in a clear and accurate manner before each of the main activities, and reviewed and refined after the event.
- Database for participants, resource persons and staff working in a training programme created and maintained with up-to-date information on a daily basis.
- All the documents proofread in a timely, careful and precise manner and approved by the supervisors.
- Smooth and timely action to respond to assignments in administration and logistics.
Performance Indicators for evaluation of results:
- Assigned work delivered in a timely and precise manner;
- Assigned work related to training material conducted in a due and highly accurate manner;
- Routine work of PMCP understood and related assistance provided in a smooth manner.
Daily reporting in writing to Senior Specialist, Peacemaking and Conflict Prevention Programme Unit.