Senior Specialist, Social Media & Digital Communications (1yr contract - Maternity Leave Coverage)
(This position is covered under CUPE Bargaining Unit)
Save the Children Canada is a member of Save the Children International, a federation that works in more than 120 countries worldwide delivering programs focused on health and nutrition, education, child protection, child poverty, humanitarian response, and child rights governance. As the world's leading independent organization for children, Save the Children’s vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation.
Provide critical support to the organization's core social media and digital communication functions and to play a key role in shaping the public voice of Save the Children Canada (SCC) on digital and social channels. Working under the direction of the Head, Communications, PR & Media as, the Senior Specialist, Social Media and Digital Communications, is primarily responsible for delivering social media and digital communications strategies and executing on them, ensuring that Save the Children Canada’s public voice reflects and conveys the organization’s mission, values, focus and identity
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
Social Media Management
- Develop, drive and execute an ambitious social media strategy with measurable KPIs to grow our social media channels in support of organizational brand, program, advocacy, communications, and fundraising objectives.
- Manage Save the Children Canada’s social media channels, including creating and posting content, managing comments, and scheduling content.
- Post created or curated content within social media channels to ensure an interactive, two-way, engaged conversation between Save the Children and its audiences, while ensuring that responses and postings are accurate and reflect Save the Children’s policies on child safeguarding, information sharing and branding guidelines and standards.
- Collaborate with the fundraising teams to align social media strategies and content with digital fundraising campaigns and Philanthropy & Partnership stewardship plans.
- Support brand and media strategy through social media platforms and coordination.
- Support the influencer growth strategy with research and engagement with online influencers.
- Deliver ongoing social media training and support for organizational capacity building, profile and public engagement.
- Social media monitoring and reporting.
Digital Communications & Content Management
- Produce creative content for social media, news media, website and digital communication channels (i.e. videos, photos, case studies, blogs, supporter engagement/stewardship content, and program impact content).
- Support the production process in-house and in collaboration with external stakeholders, including vendors and global communications colleagues to ensure accurate and timely production of digital collateral that reflects Save the Children’s branding guidelines and standards.
- Manage deployment of digital communications.
- Upload multimedia content onto the Content Management System
WHAT YOU BRING
In order for you to carry out these duties, we believe that you are brining the following education and sets of skills.
Qualification, Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor degree, diploma or certificate in Communications, Social Media or Journalism an asset
- Minimum of 4 years’ progressive experience, with demonstrated evidence leading the social media function and growth strategy
- Experience managing and growing social media channels(Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIN, YouTube and Instagram)
- Demonstrated experience managing budgets for organic social media growth
- Experience using social media scheduling tool e.g Sprout social
- Knowledge and experience with digital marketing and acquisition strategies
- Knowledge and experience with social media listening and digital marketing reporting tools (Meta Insights, Google Analytics, Twitter Analytics)
- Demonstrates knowledge of social media operational standards and best practices
- Proficient in content curation and design tools (Photoshop, Canva etc)
- Experience building and maintaining internal and external partnerships and relationships
MORE ABOUT YOU
- Exceptional and demonstrable written and oral communications skills in all mediums
- Work effectively, independently and with others
- Adaptability and flexibility to adjust to multiple and conflicting priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends as required (especially during global humanitarian emergencies involving different time zones)
- Subject to police background check: vulnerable sector screening
- Computer literacy including Internet, Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Works in an explicit and self-aware manner that enables them to manage and express emotions and to handle interpersonal relationships judiciously and empatheticall
- A skilled organizer with excellent time management abilities, strong attention to detail and able to multi-task
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to build strong relationships
- Strong prioritization skills to manage tight deadlines and competing priorities
- Demonstrate strong commitment to Save the Children's Mission, Vision & Values
- Adhere to Save the Children's Child Safeguarding Policy & Protocols
WHAT WE OFFER
This position salary range between $70,150 to $84,180 depending on skills and experience. In addition to this, our employees will have the following package of additional benefits:
- Comprehensive benefits package for you and your dependents available in three months after employment.
- Hybrid workplace, and flexible work hours to support employee wellbeing and productivity
- Coordinated benefits for your partner paid by Save the Children Canada.
- Confidential Employee Assistance Program services available to you and your dependents from your first day of employment
- 3 weeks of annual leave
- In addition to annual leave, we offer a December 24 - January 1 office closure (SAVE Days) so we can all recharge simultaneously
- Paid 5- personal days
- Paid 1- float day
- Paid 10-day-sick leave
- Parental leave top-up
- Employer contributions to group pension plan
- Learning and development opportunities and specialized training
We are committed to a transparent recruitment process with approximate timelines for the various stages in the process so that you can plan and manage expectations as you navigate your job search.
- Application collection: September 13 and onwards
- Preliminary Discussions with Human Resources: Week of October 2, 2023
- Interviews with the Hiring Manager & Hiring Panel: Week of October 9, 2023
Throughout the process, applications will be reviewed on ongoing basis. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are interested in this position, please visit https://www.savethechildren.ca/ and submit your resume and cover letter. Applications will be reviewed on ongoing basis. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SCC is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources (416) 221-5501.
Save the Children Canada is a member of Save the Children International, a federation that works in Canada and more than 100 countries worldwide delivering programs focused on health and nutrition, education, child protection, humanitarian response, and child rights governance. As the world's leading independent organization for children's right, Save the Children’s vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation.