Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Officer
- Closing date
Position Title: Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Officer
Duty Station: Warsaw, Poland
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 01 June 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) Ukraine, direct technical supervision of the Senior Resources Management Officer (SRMO) based in Ukraine and direct administrative supervision of the HR Officer based in Warsaw, and in close coordination with the relevant units and the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Department counterparts, the ICT Officer will provide the necessary ICT support to United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) Programmes, Eurasia.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Supervise USRAP Eurasia’s ICT Assistants and coordinate daily activities of the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Unit of IOM Ukraine Country Office (CO), ensuring that all requests are addressed timely and accurately, and that all daily operations are in compliance with IOM ICT Standards.
- Ensure adherence to IOM standards, Policies and guidelines with regards to network systems, IT security, software licensing, telecoms, and ICT procurement.
- Facilitate the implementation and compliance with the Cyber security program and other required compliance with donor and operational frameworks and standards.
- Liaise with the relevant stakeholders to ensure adequate and timely provision of ICT and Information management solutions and services to meet operational needs.
- Ensure the required performance and stability of network services and servers (LAN, WAN, Messaging, O365, internet connectivity, etc.), to prevent and minimize downtime or service interruptions.
- Ensure the adequate IT infrastructure performance for USRAP Programme applications, corporate applications such as Refugee Processing System (START), Migrant Management Operational Systems Application (MiMOSA), E-medical, PRISM, Intranet etc. Liaise with Information Management Team (IMT) and other counterparts to ensure technical support and day-to-day issues.
- Facilitate the in-house development of required database information systems to support the CO operations, included, but not limited to, data collection, data analysis and reporting and information management requirements facilitation.
- Produce and implement, when necessary, ICT training to all end users to facilitate productive use of the IT and telecommunications resources.
- Facilitate the implementation of the ICT strategy, implement the improvements to CO’s IT Infrastructure and the provision of services for the efficient functioning of CO’s operations. Check that ICT related project activities are implemented on a timely basis by daily monitoring of activities and reporting of challenges to IMT Officer.
- Liaise with Supply Chain unit of the CO to facilitate the proper provision of ICT-related equipment/supplies/services and propose most suitable solutions.
- Provide training to ICT Assistants in USRAP Eurasia.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Information Technology, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Certificate in any of the following: Cisco Certified Network Associates (CCNA), Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) (Windows/Exchange Server), Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA), Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA), Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE), is a distinct advantage.
- A certificate in project management (PMP or Prince 2) and\or IT service management (ITIL) a distinct advantage.
- Experience in the implementation and administration of Microsoft Windows network environment (LAN/WAN) and first-level network/desktop support;
- Experience working with an international organization or an international agency in a field location; supporting emergency, complex/post-conflict mission;
- Progressively responsible experience in planning, design, development, implementation, and maintenance of computer information systems;
- Demonstrated experience of database information systems and data processing tools.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Microsoft power platform and 365 cloud-based applications and technologies;
- Extensive knowledge of Windows Operating System, Network\Systems administration, TCP/IP, Telecoms, Network Protocols, Cisco devices, VPN, VoIP, MS Office 365 apps, Antivirus Software, and utilities;
- Knowledge of web-based development and other development tools and reporting;
- Knowledge of web-based development, experience in development, and implementation of Microsoft power platform;
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate high level of initiative, perseverance, and professional commitment to achieve high-quality results;
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential data in a professional, responsible and mature manner; and,
- Demonstrated ability to coach individuals, to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues within a team from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written).
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these five values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences. Encourages diversity and inclusion.
- Integrity and transparency: Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Courage: Demonstrates willingness to take a stand on issues of importance.
- Empathy: Shows compassion for others, makes people feel safe, respected and fairly treated.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner. Is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own actions and delegated work.
- Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication. Explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the Organization’s vision. Assists others to realize and develop their leadership and professional potential.
- Empowering others: Creates an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Building Trust: Promotes shared values and creates an atmosphere of trust and honesty.
- Strategic thinking and vision: Works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Humility: Leads with humility and shows openness to acknowledging own shortcomings.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations. Recommended candidates endorsed by the Appointments and Postings Board will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. Subject to certain exemptions, vaccination against COVID-19 will in principle be required for individuals hired on or after 15 November 2021. This will be verified as part of the medical clearance process.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications HERE via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 01 June 2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: VN 2023 225 Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Officer (P2) Warsaw,
Poland (58159824) Released
Posting: Posting NC58159825 (58159825) Released