Consultant - Common Pipeline NET Developer (Intermediate)
- Closing date
Position Title: Consultant - Common Pipeline NET Developer (Intermediate)
Duty Station: Homebased
Classification: Consultant, Grade Other
Type of Appointment: Consultant, three months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 08 June 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Software development services for a software called the Common Pipeline Request Tracking System, which will seek to improve IOM’s coordination for the distribution of relief items. Category A Consultancy.
Project Context and Scope
This project is to improve the software of IOM’s Common Pipeline Request Tracking System, which IOM has already conducted the initial development of and is currently in use in various countries. The new consultant will work to improve the software, following a list of recommended improvements that have been collected from the countries currently implementing the software, and from the Department of Operations and Emergencies (DOE), who are overseeing this project.
Organizational Department / Unit to which the Consultant is contributing:
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Shelter and Settlements Officer; in direct collaboration with IOM Somalia’s Programme Officer (S/NFI) and IOM Geneva’s Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Officer (Database and Information Systems) DTM Support Services and Database Development Officer; and, in collaboration with other relevant units at Headquarters and the Administrative Centres, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for development of the Common Pipeline Request Tracking System application in support of S/NFI operations in particular, IOM’s Common Pipeline operations.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Tasks to be performed under this contract
- Coding of Common Pipeline system components according to design specifications, corporate standards and best practices and solution design.
- Develop using Object Oriented design principles and software design patterns to attain high reusability and maintainability.
- Execution of a unit test plans for system components ensuring components meet defined quality goals.
- Support formal testing and resolve test defects.
- Maintain a list of improvements requested on the Common Pipeline system from country offices or other stakeholders.
- Work with country offices and various IOM units to analyse and resolve system defects and implement requested system improvements.
- Issue ticket ownership – open, update, and close tickets assigned:
- Troubleshoot issues escalated to individual;
- Provide Tier 1-2 level support.
- Produce/ maintain comprehensive documentation for system components developed.
- Travel to country offices if required to conduct system training or improvements.
Performance indicators for evaluation of results
- Number of high-priority improvements made to the software (target is 9 based on current list of improvements required to the system).
- Number of medium-priority improvements made to the software (target is 15 based on current list of improvements required to the system).
- Percentage of field mission urgent simple requests/bug fixes which are completed within 24 hours (target is 90%).
Required Qualifications and Experience:
Education, experience, and/or skills required
- Master’s degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or,
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in:
- Core .NET programming (.NET Framework 4.5);
- Working with database technologies, specifically SQL Server (2016 and above).
- At least 1 of experience year in design of .NET applications
Working knowledge in web application performance tuning;
Proficient in front-end web technologies such as:
ASP.NET and, NET Core
Bootstrap o Sweetaler
Proficient in back-end technologies and frameworks such as:
- LINQ and LINQ2SQL
Proficient in TSQL:
- SQL queries
- Stored Procedures
- Database management
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written).
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
The consultant must adhere to the International Organization for Migration (IOM) Data Protection Principles (IN/138) and maintain confidentiality.
The consultant will be responsible to follow IOM writing guidelines and latest glossaries in all given assignments for accurate translation.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these five values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences. Encourages diversity and inclusion.
- Integrity and transparency: Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Courage: Demonstrates willingness to take a stand on issues of importance.
- Empathy: Shows compassion for others, makes people feel safe, respected and fairly treated.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner. Is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own actions and delegated work.
- Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication. Explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
- The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment,accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. Subject to certain exemptions, vaccination against COVID-19 will in principle be required for individuals hired on or after 15 November 2021. This will be verified as part of the medical clearance process.
- Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. Nolate applications will be accepted.
How to apply
To apply, interested applicants are invited to submit their applications HERE via the IOM e-Recruitment system by 08 June 2023
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
From 26.05.2023 to 08.06.2023
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: CON 2023 09 Consultant - Common Pipeline NET Developer (Intermediate) (58155042) Released
Posting: Posting NC58155043 (58155043) Released