Senior Officer - Program HR Partner
ICRISAT seeks applications from dynamic Indian Nationals for the position of Senior Officer as Program HR Partner for their global operations in Asia and Africa. This position will be based at ICRISATâs Headquarters in Patancheru, Hyderabad, India. The incumbent will report to the Manager â Human Resources.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. Covering 6.5 million square kilometers of land in 55 countries, the semi- arid or dryland tropics has over 2 billion people and 644 million of these are the poorest of the poor. ICRISAT and its partners help empower these disadvantaged populations to overcome poverty, hunger and a degraded environment through better agricultural production systems.
ICRISAT is headquartered at Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and eight country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT envisions a prosperous, food-secure and resilient dryland tropics. Its mission is to reduce poverty, hunger, malnutrition and environmental degradation in the dryland tropics. ICRISAT conducts research on its mandate crops of chickpea, pigeonpea, groundnut, sorghum, pearl millet and finger millet in the arid and semi-arid tropics. The Institute focuses its work on the drylands and in protecting the environment. Tropical dryland areas are usually seen as resource-poor and perennially beset by shocks such as drought, thereby trapping dryland communities in poverty and hunger and making them dependent on external aid. Please visit â www.icrisat.org
Through this position ICRISAT's global workforce is supported in all aspects of the Workforce Lifecycle (attraction, recruitment, selection, remuneration, rewards & recognition, onboarding, performance management, workforce relations, learning & development, deployment, and separation).
The incumbent will be responsible for frontline interface between Workforce Members, Leadership and Specialists (Employee Relation/ Employee engagement/ Talent Development/ Recruitment/ Compensation and Benefit functions) in resolving HR issues of the designated Programs. He /She will be responsible to build strategic partnership with Leadership in instilling trust and confidence among workforce members, and to facilitate systems improvement and adaptability to change and grow through various HR initiatives. The job holder will also be responsible for vendor management.
· Provide global HR professional advisory support for entire workforce for all stages of workforce life cycle in consultation with Manager â Human Resources
· Provide HQ-based global advisory role to personnel and managers on workforce management, on-boarding, policy interpretation, learning and development, advancement and recognition and other day-to-day HR related issues
· Anchor a robust & seamless recruitment and selection process as defined in the Institute policies and Recruitment SOP
· Ensure Quality-of-hire as per Institutional standards, for each vacancy filled through the recruitment process
· Administer various workforce life cycle related transactions including Contract Renewals, Probation Confirmation, Performance Appraisals, Disciplinary cases, Separations and Exits ensuring global consistency in consultation with Research Program Director / HoD etc.
· Organize multiple channels of workforce connect and utilize available channels Internal Communication
· Closely work with new joiner, throughout their probation period and administer early contract modalities (probations) process.
· Build HR capacity in Country Offices (Cos) by identifying, training and supporting HR focal points, and providing practical HR support and oversight at location level
· Organize and serve on various HR-related organizational committees and take the lead on facilitating key corporate HR-related events
· Provide proactive global support to Cos by establishing and managing HR communities of practice; Organize annual regional conferences/ Learning and Development sessions on key HR topics with CO HR focal points and managers, organize on-site missions to Regional and Country Offices
· Partner with Research Program Directors/ Program Directors on resolving employee issues or finalizing Job Description/flow of recruitment for new positions
· Ensuring SLA are met while delivering operational responsibilities
· Vendor Management of relevant HR initiatives
· Working closely with Manager - HR in designing and executing organization level HR initiatives
· Periodical travel to designated Research Programs in Africa to spread the HR initiatives
Skills & Abilities:
· Planning, organizing and execution skills
· Has knowledge of facilitation and presentation skills
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
· Interpersonal and influential skills; Flair for engaging with people and developing relationships and ability to work in diverse teams
· Ability to interact confidently with Senior Leadership
· Creativity and innovation
· Proficiency in Microsoft excel and power point
Qualifications, Experience and skills:
· Post Graduate Diploma / Masters /MBA in Human Resources with experience of at least 5 years in respective function of HR e.g. Employee Relation/Employee engagement/ Talent development/ Recruitment /Compensation & Benefit
This is Contractual position initially for a period of three years (36 months) renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the institute's continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 15 June 2023, with the latest Resume, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about their professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer