Result of Service
Perform functions as described.Work Location
6 monthsDuties and Responsibilities
THE ORGANIZATIONAL SETTING
The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) is seeking a primary care medical practitioner, RAMQ affiliated, to provide healthcare services to the ICAO staff and Members of National Delegations.
The incumbent will function as a treating physician to staff and delegates for the duration of their contract and will be an essential member of the health care team. The incumbent will be responsible for the provision of primary care, minor trauma care, health promotion, prevention of diseases and injuries and support services.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Providing comprehensive primary medical care to patients with acute and chronic health conditions by offering effective pharmacological, complementary, or counseling interventions.
• Diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions
• Management and follow-up of chronic conditions; developing treatment plans monitoring the patient’s condition, and adjusting the treatment as needed.
• Establishing appropriate medical employment limitations (MEL) recommendations.
• Providing referrals to other health care providers for further evaluation or treatment
• Coordinating care with other healthcare providers and ensuring that the patient receives appropriate follow-up care.
• Recommending sick leave when warranted.
• Implementing strategies to promote health and prevent illness.
• Reviewing, recommending, and administering immunizations, as needed, following WHO and CDC applicable guidelines.
• Doctor of Medicine (M.D.)
• Certification in Family Medicine with the Collège des médecins du Québec.
• Basic Life Support for Health Providers or CPR/AED Level C Certification.
Professional experience and knowledge
• At least seven years of full-time equivalent experience directly providing patient medical care in an ambulatory primary care, urgent care or emergency medicine setting, is required.
• Operational DSQ key, is required.
• Experience with EMR, is desirable.
• Experience with CRDS, is desirable.
• Fluent reading, writing and speaking abilities in English and French.
• A working knowledge of another language of the Organization (Arabic, Chinese, Russian or Spanish).
• No overhead costs or clinic fees.
• No office rent.
• Opportunity for working in an International United Nations organization.
• Generous allotment of time for each patient.
• No evenings or weekends.
• No patient enrollment required as primary care provider.
• More than 1000 potential clients will avail these services.
• On-site physical presence mandatory.
• Part time: Three Half day clinics per week. Clinic days may be adjusted with mutual agreement depending on the demand.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.