Senior Director, HR Operations and Technology
- Closing date
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 27 US cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The Senior Director, HR Operations and Technology is part of senior leadership teams of Global HR and IT departments with a critical role in combining Technology and global HR operations through cutting-edge systems in line with IRC data-driven, employee-centric strategic ambitions. The position collaborates with the other IT and HR leaders and teams at global, regional, and when needed countries levels to ensure that our HR agenda across all of IRC’s global units is coordinated, cohesive, synchronized, and implemented to achieve the desired impact in shaping the IRC employee experience. In this role, you will be required to collaborate with leading colleagues in defining and implementing highly effective HR services through HR systems that are safe and secure and meet the operational requirements of processing efficient HR transactions but also generate meaningful data for analytics and global initiatives.
The Senior DirectorHR Operations and Technology leads the strategic HR IT-based initiatives and ensures necessary systems are upgraded for the smooth functioning of HR transactions in complex and diverse operational environments. The position holder will be managing two broader teams, HR Operations and Human Resources Information Technology (HRIT) teams having presence in multiple locations. The successful candidate partners with HR and IT stakeholders across the organization to deliver operational and system solutions that support IRC employees throughout the employee life cycle (recruitment through separation). The Senior Director is responsible for envisioning the latest technology trends and developing a comprehensive strategy under a consultative process with a mid to long-term perspective in line with IRC’s global strategic and Technology plans.
The Senior Director will also ensure that the HROps and HRIT teams provide timely, accurate, and client-focused solutions throughout the transition to the target environment.
- Strategic Contribution: Correlate IRC Strategy 100 and Technology priorities with the current state of systems and operations and consult, negotiate, and develop a multi-facet global HR IT strategy to serve internal clients but also position IRC to align with future trends including but not limited to data safety, HR process efficiency, having global HRIS and advising on mid-term to long term solutions.
- Team Leadership: Hire, mentor, and manage high-performing teams in a highly distributed environment. The current team comprises of 15 IT professionals located in Nairobi, Kenya, and New York, New York; and 18 HR Operations professionals based in Germany, Switzerland, Florida, and New York, New York.
- Lead Projects: Leadhuman resources process and practices efforts domestically and globally; develop strategy and influence human resource process and practices across regional and national locations using IRC’s project management methodology.
- Manage Stakeholder Expectations: Prepare status reports to convey project scope, goals, milestones, budget, risk, status, change requests, and critical issues to stakeholders and the project team.
- Create and Implement Long-Term Operations and System Strategy: In partnership with HR, regional and program teams assess the current state to develop the long-term strategy for operations and systems. Lead the migration to the target state.
- Vendor and Solution Management: With partners, leads the identification, selection, and management of HR vendor services and solutions and ensures any selected vendor delivers to their commitments.
- Technology Compliance: Work with IT partners to ensure all solutions adhere to IRC system, data and security architecture and standards.
- 10 years of experience delivering HR operations and technology services, including a variety of HR business content, including compensation, benefits, time and effort, performance, payroll, etc.
- 10 years of experience and a broad skill set in support of business systems operations and implementation, including requirements gathering and prioritization, business process modeling and refinement, data management, project management, meeting facilitation, writing, presentation, and communications.
- 5 years of experience in a senior management role
- Proven ability to prioritize and deliver projects on time and on budget.
- 5 years of experience with enterprise HCM SAAS systems such as Workday or Cornerstone in a large (1000 user +) global environment
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Exceptional partnership and collaboration skills with diverse and multilevel stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills: the ability to effectively listen to and liaise with colleagues on all levels in a distributed, multicultural, detail-oriented environment.
- The ability to communicate at all levels of an organization in relevant, non-technical language.
- Strong organizational and Project -management skills
- Proven track record and fulfillment in operating with a client service approach and building and fostering positive working relationships; highly resourceful.
- Sensitive to and have a solid understanding of GDEI concepts and their impact on organizations.
- High data analytics skills and ability to use data outputs to advocate for process transformations.
- Strong analytic problem-solving skills and ability to build and foster effective and positive working relationships with colleagues and internal clients& committed to the highest ethical standards.
- Ability to work independently and in a dynamic, cross-functional global team structure.
- High proficiency with MS Office suite, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
Key Working Relationships
Position Reports to: Chief Information Officer, Global HQ-IT and CHRO under Management in Partnership
Position Reported By: HR Operations Team, HR Systems Team
Position works in collaboration with: Global HQ HR and IT department/Functional leads, Regional HR Directors, HR Technology solution providers.
- To help you stay energized, engaged, and inspired, we offer a variety of benefits, including a strong retirement plan, learning and development opportunities, comprehensive healthcare, and a Flexible office work environment and/or work from home.
Development Value for You
- Leadership role with a Deepened understanding of global humanitarian aid, relief, and development sector.
- Significant global exposure to implementing large, complex transformational change by leveraging IT systems and HR Operations.
- Standard office working environment with the ability to eventually work in a hybrid environment
- Some international travel as needed up to 10%
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.
Posted pay ranges apply to US-based candidates. Ranges are based on various factors including the labor market, job type, internal equity, and budget. Exact offers are calibrated by work location, individual candidate experience and skills relative to the defined job requirements.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity:
IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days (depending on role and tenure), medical insurance starting at $145 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare, childcare, and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with up to 4.5% immediately vested matching contribution, plus a 3-7% base IRC contribution (3 year vesting), disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.