ICRISAT seeks applications for Manager- EBS Support for IRRI to conduct the data management activities on the Enterprise Breeding System (EBS), including the collation, validation, encoding, spot-checking and quality assurance testing, archiving and curation ensuring compliance to IRRI and Platform-specific policies, procedures and guidelines on data management, back up and uploading. The incumbent will be a member of the service provider team supporting data management, client reporting and problem resolution. This position will provide high-quality system support to end-users. He/she will also be involved in testing and collaborations with counterparts in the whole CGIAR. He/she will also participate in CG-wide workgroups related to Excellence in Breeding projects.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. Covering 6.5 million square kilometers of land in 55 countries, the semi- arid or dryland tropics has over 2 billion people and 644 million of these are the poorest of the poor. ICRISAT and its partners help empower these disadvantaged populations to overcome poverty, hunger and a degraded environment through better agricultural production systems.
ICRISAT is headquartered at Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and eight country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT envisions a prosperous, food-secure and resilient dryland tropics. Its mission is to reduce poverty, hunger, malnutrition and environmental degradation in the dryland tropics. ICRISAT conducts research on its mandate crops of chickpea, pigeonpea, groundnut, sorghum, pearl millet and finger millet in the arid and semi-arid tropics. The Institute focuses its work on the drylands and in protecting the environment. Tropical dryland areas are usually seen as resource-poor and perennially beset by shocks such as drought, thereby trapping dryland communities in poverty and hunger and making them dependent on external aid. Please visit – www.icrisat.org
Duties and Responsibilities:
Timely delivery of set objectives: Helpdesk support and Training of EBS:
· Provide support to users from CGIAR centers using Enterprise Breeding System Maintain, update, monitor, and train users of EBS for compliance
· Assist users in the creation of experiments (trials and nurseries) in terms of guidance, data curation and recording in the EBS system
· Advise users on the SOPs relating to experiments, including experiment protocols, and Data collection activities Primary contact for training
· Organize, plan, and execute training for various user types
SOP authoring and compliance monitoring. Take part in creating CGIAR-level Data Management policies:
· Write review and implement protocols for data management Write review guides and manuals for EBS and tools related
· Monitor SOP compliance and rollout
Internal Process: Improved quality and efficiency of performance related to the product, services, or other key business processes:
· Retrieve, and update information based on requests to act on all inquiries within 3 working days
· Request and/or generate printed materials for compliance
Customer/Stakeholder: Improved performance from the perspective of the customer or key stakeholders:
· Establishment of data management support to global partners in South Asia region
· Formalize the online support for data management
· Provides technical advice on data management on EBS-enabled processes Provide training on the use of EBS database and tools to both local and global Serve as one key support for the Data management team (online and onsite)
· Lead on developing the suitable training plan for each type of learner
Enterprise Breeding System (EBS) Development and Data management activities (local and global users):
· Testing and providing feedback regarding EBS modules and tools
· Assist in developing a process diagram for EBS developers to be used as guide in developing EBS modules and tools
· Roll-out of new releases including information dissemination (email), information sessions and conduct training if needed.
· Collaborate to complete digitization projects to IRRI and global hubs
· Contribute in developing e-learning materials, such as videos, infographics, LMS
Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
· Masters in Biotechnology, Statistics, Agricultural Sciences, Development Studies or related fields.
· Work experience of 5 years in agricultural statistics for research for development
· Knowledge in technical writing
· Experience in user support in training, issue resolutions
· Good organizational and analytical skills
This is a contractual role for a period of 12 months (1 year).
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 14 April 2023, with their latest Resume, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about their professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer