This is a temporary requirement as soon as possible after 01 May 2023 until 31 December 2023 in support of the NATO 2030 project. A follow-up contract may be offered subject approval.
In view of the nature and of the urgency of this temporary position, it is important for candidates to be available for temporary employment asap. In practice, this implies being in possession of a valid security clearance at the time of application, or having been in possession of such a clearance with the possibility to reactivate it swiftly. Therefore, candidates possessing a valid NATO or National security clearance will be given priority consideration.
NATO offers you more than a job. It gives you a mission: building peace and security for one billion people in Europe and North America.
We are a unique multinational flying force with operational capability located at the NATO Airbase Geilenkirchen. With its 14 E-3A aircraft, our organization plays a critical role in NATO and our mission is to deliver ready, responsive Airborne Early Warning, Battle Management, and Command and Control capability to operational commanders in support of NAC-approved tasks.
The E-3A Component Office of the Commander supports the Commander and Deputy Commander, E-3A Component by providing administrative functions necessary to coordinate the staff functions needed to manage a NATO organization.
The incumbent is responsible for the effective coordination and oversight of Final Lifetime Extension Program (FLEP) activities that impact E-3A Component taskings and operations.
- Managing FLEP project management related tasks assigned to the E-3A Component;
- Analyzing status reports and determining the impact on taskings and operations;
- Contributing to the evaluation of the FLEP operational fielding plan to ensure that Component requirements are appropriately covered and addressed in the evaluations;
- Evaluating system requirements against the CONOPS;
- Planning, organizing, coordinating, and supervising implementation activities;
- Providing leadership to and supervising the designated Wing FLEP representatives;
- Coordinating project support personnel needs within the Component to ensure adequate support for FLEP;
- Ensuring that training and documentation needs to support fielding are achieved;
- Ensuring implementation and usage of existing standards (e.g. Infrastructure Host Nation standards, applicable Quality Assurance standards);
- Ensuring the related development, review, analysis and coordination of Service Level Agreements (SLA) with third parties;
- Serving as the Point of Contact (POC) with internal/external organizations/agencies to include Original Eqiupment Manufacturers (OEM), and contractors in fielding activities including conflict/deficiency resolution and monitor the activities and performance at working level;
- Managing and leading FLEP implementation with strategic internal and external partners withing the key program milestones and in accordance with the program/project timings and established procedures;
- Administrating and updating program/project plans based on information from HQ NAEW&CF GK and NAPMA;
- Providing recommendations to the Component on all aspects of the project;
- Planning and directing of schedules and resources monitoring the project process;
- Development of structures, methods, procedures and timing in coordination with relevant stakeholders for implementation of assigned projects/sub-projects;
- Confirming adequacy and completeness of contract deliverables that are within the Force's area of responsibility and providing recommendations;
- Confirming completeness of documentation that is within the E-3A Component's area of responsibility;
- Coordinating with the appropriate test groups (to include, but not limited to, the Test and Evaluation Branch (OWPE) and the Combined Test Team (CTT)), providing recommendations on the testing of the system that is within the Component's area of responsibility;
- Providing recommendations for acceptance of the system;
- Attending conferences and meetings as required;
- Providing electronic status reports and briefings to Component leadership;
- Coordinating with appropriate agencies and groups on the need for development of updated training and syllabi.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- University degree in an aeronautical engineering, project planning, quality assurance, or other related field, or Higher Secondary education and completed advanced vocational training in an aviation or aircraft logistics management related field e.g. project planning or related field with at least 2 additional years of post-related, current professional experience;
- Driving license equivalent to European Class B;
- Project Management Course (e.g. Lean Management);
- Adequate level of Automatic Data Processing (ADP) systems is essential;
- The work, both oral and written, in this post and in this Headquarters as a whole is conducted mainly in English; Consequently, adequate level of English proficiency is required.
THE FOLLOWING WOULD BE CONSIDERED AS AN ADVANTAGE:
- Previous NATO assignment;
- Experience working in an international/military environment;
- Knowledge of/professional experience in operating or maintaining wide-body military a/c;
- Knowledge of/experience in utilizing state of the art project management tools;
- Good working knowledge of Single Project Management Systems (e.g. Monday Projects, MS Project).
Please attach any documentation (proof of highest education, diplomas, certificates, testimonials etc.) that you consider to be particularly relevant to the qualification requirements specified in this advertisement.
Temporary post from 01 May 2023 until 31 December 2023. A follow-up contract may be offered subject approval.
Salary value indicated in this vacancy notice is based on NATO's Single Salary Spine scale. The salaries of temporary personnel are not exempt from taxation.
This job is no longer available.