Plan International is a rights-based development and humanitarian organization working for better lives for all children. We are independent of government and have no political or religious affiliation. Our purpose is to strive for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Our global strategy has a specific focus on girls, as they are often the most marginalized and most often left behind. We have committed ourselves to the ambitious target of reaching 100 million girls over 5 years, to ensure they can learn, lead, decide and thrive. This is our contribution to reaching the sustainable development goals, and in particular the goals on gender equality. Our organization is transforming itself to meet this enormous challenge everywhere we work. We need bold, forward-thinking and innovative individuals to lead our country operations, driving change and delivering results that will allow us to reach our target of 100 million girls.
Plan International has been operating in Mozambique since 2006 and is one of the leading organizations in the advancement of children’s rights and equality for girls and young women. Plan International in Mozambique has a permanent office in Maputo and maintains a presence in Nampula, Inhambane, Sofala and Cabo Delgado provinces with strong presence at district levels, implementing both long term development and humanitarian initiatives.
Our goal is to make significant contributions so that Girls are protected from early and forced marriage and pregnancy. Plan International Mozambique is focused on four integrated and mutually supportive programme axes: Education, Adolescent sexual and reproductive health and rights, Skills and Opportunities for Youth Employment and Protection.
The position holder will be responsible for organizing adequate, timely and quality acquisition of goods and services and the transportation to the final program/project location-support the project procurement and logistics activities.
MANAGEMENT SCOPE, REPORTING LINES, KEY RELATIONSHIPS
Reports to: Project Manager
Direct Reports: No direct reports
Internal: The job holder has a close internal work relationship with the following departments/units and/or functions:
- All Programs and Departments for procurement related activities, Supporting Requesting for Purchase Requisition creation and approving in the SAP/other ERP in use
External: The job holder has a close external work relationship with the following
- Suppliers, and customs for procurement related activities, like collecting quotation, receiving goods and payment
LEVEL OF CONTACT WITH CHILDREN
Low contact: No contact or very low frequency of interaction
The position is typical office environment
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND MAIN ACTIVITIES
- Provide support in the development and management of effective implementation of Plan and donor procurement policies
- Provide support and guidance to the project on issues related to procurement procedures and any updates in procedures are communicated and understood by program staff and procurement counterparts
- Provide regular feedback to project manager regarding the status of their purchase requisitions on bi-weekly basis.
- Support the line manager in providing procurement status reports of all purchases.
- Organize and prioritize purchases according to the (urgent, small items, international purchases, services, etc) in accordance with procurement plans.
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data for budgeting purposes by the programs.
- Follow up on all shipping documents (airway bill, bill of lading, commercial invoice, insurance certificates, waybills) are available for all goods received and dispatched
- Carry out bid opening and analysis. This will involve preparation of abstracts of offers, bid analysis and compiling data contained in the bids for consideration for award of contracts.
- Prepare reports, minutes and assist in the compilation of data for the monthly reporting
- Produce tender documents i.e. RFQs, RFP and RFI under the guidance of the SC, Security Manager.
- Periodically extract report reports from SAP and report on the discrepancies where necessary as well as ensuring cleansing of data.
- Provide capacity building to program staff on handling procurement plans and creating PRs.
- Undertake successfully all procurement processing and follow up of goods and services requested for emergency and development response operation or other requests;
- Perform effectively transparent transactions, purchasing and delivery of goods and services within prior agreed lead times and ensures that all purchases are properly documented.
Vendor Management Support
- Enhance and broaden working relationship with vendor in accordance with PIMz policies, best practices and the laws of Mozambique.
- Based on past requisitions, real consumption and expected demand of specific products (such as tools, stationery, visibility materials, accommodation, travel agents, etc) establish legally binding contracts and/or agreements with those vendors with proven track records in low prices and quality goods, services and prompt delivery,
- Research and ensure that the vendor base is broadened as necessary and opportunities for discounts are followed up,
- Prevent and resolve customer complaints and disputes with suppliers
- Create and maintain a master database of both existing and potential suppliers or vendors
- Conduct vendor performance and provide recommendations on future vendor engagement
- Prepare and maintain Contracts Database and monitor the renewal of contracts or new bidding process and advice the direct line manager on the actions to be undertaken in a timely manner.
- Prepare and maintain contracts files for all contracts entered into by PI. Contracts files should be complete and addition information updated
- Prepare POs for contracts in SAP, ensure budgetary clearance and also keep track their status
- Reconcile contracts records and accounts i.e. monitor contract expenditures against budget and contractual ceiling amounts
Procurement process auditing
- Liaise with finance department to ensure that all the appropriate action (eg paid, cancelled, etc) is accounted for
- Ensure all vendor advances are accounted for in good time
- Assist the direct line manager in conducting periodic customer surveys to gauge satisfaction and take appropriate remedial action as required
Transportation & Fleet management
- Assign and manage all vehicles and motorbikes in accordance of PIMz fleet management policy
- Arrange transportation from suppliers to the office/warehouse, as necessary;
- Check and sign each vehicles log-sheet every week, develop a history file for each vehicles & motorbikes.
- Follow maintenance, fuel consumption, and annual inspection and insurance policy renewal of each vehicle and report to CO
- Approve and sign weekly/monthly logbook, trip, and fuel records, monitors utilization, maintenance and fuel consumption for all vehicles
- Analysis on CO and rental vehicles usage for decision making and keep maintain records of selected taxi drivers
- Support the project in wide Fleet initiatives and tracking of all vehicle assets into tracpoint
- Monitor vehicle movement and report vehicle misuse in line with PIMz fleet policy
- Prepare and submit fleet report on monthly base to the direct line manager.
- Monitor and Review the vehicle weekly/monthly reports, logbooks, trips, and fuel records, utilization, maintenance and fuel consumption as well as carry out monthly fuel and maintenance spend analysis and take timely and appropriate measures to address anomalies
- Take measures to safeguard the Plan Mozambique fleet at all times by ensuring, insurance cover is up to date, vehicles are fitted with tracking devices.
Stock and storage handling
- Guarantee that storage areas, facilities and equipment meet the minimum requirements and standards
- Be responsible for all stock’s management including correct receipt, movement, and dispatch including use of correct documentation, control, monitoring, verifications etc (Waybills, Stock registers, Bin cards, Stock Receipt Notes, Dispatch registers etc)
- Periodic stock verifications and reconciliations including follow up on discrepancies
- Produce weekly/monthly stock records to keep uses informed about stock receipts and status
- Produce donor stock records and reports including end of project requirements
- Manage casual staff records
- Follow up with Programme leads on the distribution plans and ensure timely release of items
- Manage transportation suppliers including coordination with the Procurement officer and the field teams to ensure an efficient transportation service
Safeguarding Children and Young People (Safeguarding) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI)
- Understand and put into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC).
- Ensure that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in day to day work.
- Ensure that Plan Mozambique contributes to Plan International’s global efforts to ensure safeguarding and GEI, including making sure that relevant reporting and data are submitted.
LEADERSHIP AND BUSINESS MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES
- Courageous in taking a lead, focused on Plan International's purpose and making the most effective contribution within my own work context.
- Behave in line with our values and safeguarding practices, inside and outside work.
- Challenge own attitudes, unconscious bias and behavior and speaks up when they see wrong doing, especially by those who use their power over others to create fear or abuse.
- Understand and adhere to the policies, processes, practices and standards relevant to own work and keeps their knowledge and skills up to date.
- Honest and efficient in use of resources, including own time.
- Take responsibility for own performance and development: reflecting; seeking and listening to feedback; learning from mistakes; finding people or resources to help them learn.
- Constructive and optimistic in facing setbacks, challenges and change, using own initiative to analyze issues and improve things.
- Good team player, communicating effectively and being open and supportive towards those around them.
BUSINESS MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES
- Understand relevant sectoral context including how the sector operates in terms of funding and governance and awareness of Plan's purpose, values, and global strategy
- Manage legal and reputational risk including risk assessment, communication, risk management and reporting in full compliance with risk-related standards, including in areas such as Child and Youth Safeguarding and Protection, Gender equality and inclusion, Counter Fraud, Safety and Security.
- Manage activities and resources including skills in strategic thinking, planning and organising, financial planning and monitoring, negotiation and programme and project management.
- Manage people and information including skills in assessment and coaching, evidence-based management, communication skills, both speaking and writing, and digital working, including personal digital skills.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE , SKIILS AND KNOWLEDGE
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Degree in Business Administration or Management or Purchasing and Supplies Management, or Supply Chain Management or related field
- 3 (Three) years’ experience in the area of procurement and Logistics
- Experience in UN Or NGO environment involving in the procurement activities
- Experience in emergency procurement is advantageous
- Fluency in Portuguese and Advanced level of English language is essential
- Knowledge of local languages is a desirable
PLAN INTERNATIONAL'S VALUES IN PRACTICE
We are open and accountable
We create a climate of trust inside and outside the organisation by being open, honest and transparent. We hold ourselves and others to account for the decisions we make and for our impact on others, while doing what we say we will do.
We strive for lasting impact
We strive to achieve significant and lasting impact on the lives of children and young people, and to secure equality for girls. We challenge ourselves to be bold, courageous, responsive, focused and innovative.
We work well together
We succeed by working effectively with others, inside and outside the organisation, including our sponsors and donors. We actively support our colleagues, helping them to achieve their goals. We come together to create and implement solutions in our teams, across Plan International, with children, girls, young people, communities and our partners.
We are inclusive and empowering
We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge inequality in our programmes and our workplace. We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives. We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential.
WOMEN HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Number of positions: 2
Location: Cabo Delgado
Advert closes, 31st March 2023
Early application is encouraged, as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International's Child Protection Policy.
As an international child-centered community development organisation, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realisation of children's rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
Plan International operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all areas of the international community.
Plan International doesn't charge any monies to applicants for employment opportunities. Some individuals are contacting people offering false employment opportunities. We take such a matter extremely seriously, and by making you aware of this, we hope to avoid and ultimately stop victims falling for this scam