All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s values. To be dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable are attitudes and believes that shall guide our actions and relationships. The purpose of the Support technical assistant position is to provide administrative or technical support in a specialist areas of work, either support functions or Core Competences. The Technical assistant vary from the assistant position by providing a range of support within their area of expertise.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks, and guidelines.
- Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the specialist area of work in which technical assistance and support is being provided, in order to be most effective in supporting the team.
- Prepare and submit a payment package to the finance department
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the logistic function.
- Be anti-corruption, transparency, and cost-efficiency focus in all procurement processes
- Conduct procurement process with a focus on country and NRC regulations.
- Prepare procurement documents in line with NRC procurement procedures.
- Perform other duties, as assigned by the Line Manager
- Contribute to the development of Logistics (Procurement) as a support service in NRC Ukraine. Develop required areas according to NRC policy, guidelines, and Ukraine legislation.
- Ensure that procurement process such as preparation of bids analysis, comparison table, bid opening meeting minutes and other opening documents, filling in of General Receipt Notes (GRN) is supported by all needed and correctly filled documents
- Follow up on all purchase documentation such as Purchase Requests, Requests for Quotations, Bid Analyses, Minutes, and Contracts/Agreements/Purchase Orders are appropriately signed by authorized staff before any commitment orders are sent to suppliers
- Receive invoices and verify correctness against orders/contracts/Agreements and follow up on where partial deliveries are made until orders are complete
- Ensure that all goods ordered and received from overseas have adequate documentation (airway bills, bills of lading, commercial invoice, insurance certificates and any other relevant documents) and work closely with Logistics Officer (Procurement) and/or Procurement Team Leader to seek clearance of imported project items
- Handle complaints from the field and users on all purchased goods and services as well as disputes with suppliers, escalating complex ones to Procurement Team Leader.
- Track the notification related to a long-term agreement to initiate process of extension; prepare drafts of waivers and notes to files if necessary
- Input all required data and reflect in right way all procurement stages in the Agresso procurement system according to the manual. Upload to the Agresso system all necessary procurement documents.
- Update Procurement Team Leader other Support and Program staff with relevant information about delivery of goods or providing requested services; upload all required information to Filing Tree according to procedures and NRC requirements
- Prepare hard copy of procurement file along with payment documents and ensure it is submitted to Finance
- Conduct cash purchases according to Program or Support needs.
- Report all potential fraud cases to the Line Manager.
Generic professional competencies:
- Experience from working as a Logistics (Procurement) Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Some knowledge or communication in English, both written and verbal.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
Context related skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Solid knowledge of situation in Ukraine
- Proficiency in Office 365 and on-line related platforms
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products with solid knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Good knowledge of document management
- Working knowledge of both Ukrainian and Russian languages, written and verbal
- Ability to handle insecure environment
- Capacity to handle multitasking
- A solid portion of can-do attitude
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Ability to work irregular hours
- Type of contract: national employment contract until 30.12.2023 (with possible extension)
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC salary scale, terms, and conditions.
- Duty station: Lviv, Ukraine.
**This vacancy is open only to Ukrainian candidates**
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by email.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
This job is no longer available.