Our model for success is a better life for everyone and purposeful tasks for our employees. For more than 50 years, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), as a company of the German Federal Government, has been supporting the implementation of development policy goals worldwide. Together with partner organisations in 120 countries, we are involved in a diverse range of projects. If you want to make a difference in the world and develop yourself in the process, you've come to the right place.
- Job-ID: V000052903
- Location: Tirana
- Assignment period: 03/15/2023 - 03/14/2024
- Field: Governance
- Type of employment: part-time
- Application deadline: 01/01/2023
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ International Services (InS) is an integral division of GIZ. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
GIZ International Services is shortlisted for the EU-funded tender: „EU for Good Governance technical assistance at central and local level with a focus on Public Administration Reform, Public Finance Management, and Anti-Corruption” in Albania.
The overall objective of the project of which this contract will be a part is as follows:
- The overall objective is to contribute to a more capable and responsive public sector towards citizens’ needs and businesses as well as to advance and respond to demands of EU integration processes.
- The specific objective is to improve public administration to become more efficient, accountable, transparent, inclusive and effective at national and local level.
Qualifications and skills
- University Degree in public policy, political and social sciences, law, public finance, business administration, economics, or another relevant discipline; or minimum of five (5) years professional experience related to decentralisation or local governance reforms additional to the general professional experience.
General professional experience
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience, of which at least five years in the area of decentralisation and/or local governance;
Specific professional experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in policy advice, policy analysis, and /or policy implementation related to decentralisation and/or local governance;
- Minimum of two (2) experiences in the development and appicaton of public service delivery standards for/at local government level
- Minimum of two (2) experiences working directly with local governments on financial or budget issues.
- Minimum of two (2) experiences of legal analysis or policy advice on legislation related to local governments.;
- Working experience with local governments in countries that acceded to the EU or are EU candidate countries or transition economies will be an asset.
Tirana Albania, limited number of visits outside of Tirana may be required.
Start date & period of implementation
The intended start date is 15 March 2023 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 48 months from this date (for a minimum of 620 working days).
Please understand that we can accept and process applications in principle only, via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some providers classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disabilities, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
Please send us an updated CV in EuropeAid format in English.