Result of Service
A direct and timely provision of assistance to CAP, namely technical support and advice for the implementation of the activities linked to the Regional Art Contest in Latin America and the Caribbean and the corresponding communication strategy for the office.
Gender considerations are taken into account and integrated where applicable/feasible throughout project implementation.
7 monthsDuties and Responsibilities
The UN Environment Law Division OzonAction’s Compliance Action Programme (CAP) provides assistance to Article 5 countries including global information and clearinghouse services to enable compliance with the provisions of the Montreal Protocol and its amendments in order to protect the Ozone Layer and human health.
In reference to UNEP OzonAction’s Clearinghouse mandate under Article 10 of Montreal Protocol and the 2022 UNEP Business Plan and Compliance Assistance Programme’s budget, UN Environment OzonAction Branch is providing information services and legal/policy and technical advice for National Ozone Officers (NOUs) and other stakeholders.
The NOUs in the Latin America and Caribbean (LAC) region have requested support to disseminate the Protocol and the Kigali amendment in particular, to the general public. The UNEP OzonAction branch requires the services of a specialized communication consultant to organize a regional Art contest and social media communication strategy to raise awareness to the general and young public in particular.
The specialized consultant will organize and design a regional art contest and communication strategy for the Latin America OzonAction branch while ensuring that gender considerations, in consultation with OzonAction, are taken into account and integrated where applicable/feasible.
Furthermore, the consultant will be responsible for the following actions:
Design, coordinate and implement the regional Art contest to raise awareness among the general public and specially the youth, on the Kigali Amendment and Montreal Protocol. This will include, among others, the following tasks:
- Develop a proposal for the plan, TOR and timeline for the art contest, strategy, and contest
- Develop a special website with online hosting to receive the artworks/conduct online voting
- Produce and disseminate the contest materials to promote participation through NOUs,
Social media content, posters, UNEP website and related partners websites or live/online
- Receive, categorize and pre-select artworks
- Identify and liaise with artists to be part of the jury and organize the online vote
- Design the online launching event on16th September.
- Advise and co-design a social media communication strategy for the LAC OzonAction programme, including social media training for the UNEP staff to become active in dissemination of Montreal Protocol and Kigali Amendment related events, news, activities, content and other.
- University degree (1st level degree) in communication, information design, marketing or related areas is required.
- At least 8 years of professional experience in outreach and communication
strategies and social media content is required.
- Experience in art direction is desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and Spanish is required.
- Good knowledge of the Latin America and Caribbean region and specific experience in communication campaigns for the region is highly desirable.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.