Result of Service
- The main objective of the position of National Programme Coordinator, is to support the programming, monitoring and advice of the portfolio of projects and initiatives of UNEP in Argentina, as well as the follow-up of activities of Argentina´s United Nations Country Team.The consultant will perform the following activities, without prejudice to other activities that may arise for the satisfactory execution of the consultancy:
UNEP Office (UN House), located in Buenos Aires, Argentina
6 MONTHS.Duties and Responsibilities
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
The UNEP Latin America and the Caribbean Office (LAC Office), located in Panama City, works closely with the 33 countries of the region and its activities are integrated into the Medium Term Strategy and the Programme of Work approved by the United Nations Environment Assembly (UNEA).
UNEP´s Sub-Regional Office for the Southern Cone of Latin America, located in Montevideo, Uruguay, provides support to and coordinates efforts with the Governments of Argentina, Chile, Paraguay and Uruguay. Within its programmatic growth, the Sub-regional Office has increased its commitment to governments and other interested parties, to deepen its analysis of the environmental challenges and opportunities that the sub-region is currently facing.
In this context, the focus is on the implementation of UNEP´s Medium-Term Strategy (2022-2025) that addresses the triple planetary crisis of climate change, loss of nature and pollution. The Sub-Regional Office is well positioned to inform UNEP's corporate policies and plans, through the experiences and lessons learned from working in the 4 countries of the Southern Cone.
To achieve its purposes and respond to the growing demands of governments and other key stakeholders, the Sub-regional Office requires a Programme Coordinator for Argentina´s UNEP portfolio.
The National Programme Coordinator will work under the supervision of the Head of the Sub-regional Office for the Southern Cone of Latin America. The incumbent will work on a full-time dedication of 40 hours a week, from Monday to Friday at the UNEP Office (UN House), located in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in the areas of natural resources management, agri-business, environmental economy, climate finance, international relations or related fields is required.Experience:
- At least 5 years of professional experience in planning, implementation and monitoring of programs and projects in the environmental sector is required.
- Experience in design and structuring of programmes and projects utilizing vertical funds such as Global Environment Facility, Green Climate Fund, and Adaptation Fund, amongst others, will be considered an advantage.
- Experience managing inter-institutional relations will be considered an advantage.
- Work experience involving management of financial resources, human resources, contracts, assets and acquisitions processes is an asset.Language:
- Fluency in Spanish and English is required.Skills:
- Demonstrated integrity and commitment with UN values and ethical standards.
- Commitment to promote the vision, mission and strategic objectives of the UN.
- Demonstrated sensitivity and adaptability to culture, gender, religion, race, nationality, and age.
- Treat everyone fairly without favoritism.
- Ability to promote knowledge management and a learning environment in the workplace through leadership and personal example.
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting.
- Builds strong relationships with clients, focuses on impact and outcome for the client, and responds positively to feedback.
- Openness to change and ability to manage complex situations.
- Ability to lead effectively, mentoring and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Maintains calm, control and good humor even under pressure.
- Skills for networking, team building, work organization, and communication.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.