Result of Service
Analysis of datasets related to UN health care workforce, analysis of DHMOSH surveys, analysis of UN system COVID -19 pandemic outbreak data sets and conduct epidemiologic surveillance and health workforce epidemiologic training when required.Work Location
5.5 months from August 2022Duties and Responsibilities
The Division of Healthcare Management and Occupational Safety and Health (DHMOSH) provides expert healthcare management and Occupational Safety and Health services to all UN Secretariat entities (Field missions, Offices Away from Headquarters and Economic Commissions), the New York based agencies funds and programs, as well as providing strategic leadership of whole-of-system medical issues through the UN Medical Directors Network.
The purpose of this consultancy post is to provide public health epidemiologic and data analytic support to DHMOSH for several databases including Medical Workforce, Women Health Inventory Skills, COVID-19 outbreaks, case and deaths database and the 2021 UN Health Intelligence Survey dataset of the Secretariat which require detailed qualitative and quantitative analysis to help inform DHMOSH strategies and initiatives going forward. The post will assist with the collection, management, analysis and reporting of key data sets and bridge the gaps in the health data mining and epidemiological analysis that was identified as a critical gap within the secretariat. The position will also support DHMOSH required detailed qualitative and quantitative analysis of all health information to inform health policies and strategies going forward. This is also in line with the Secretary General initiative of “Data Strategy for Action by Everyone, Everywhere” that encourages building of new capabilities in data analytics and enable data-driven .
Academic Qualifications: Essential
• Bachelor’s degree in Epidemiology, Public Health, Data Science, Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or a related field
• Master’s degree in Epidemiology, Public Health, Data Science, Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, or a related field
• Academic excellence in research and experience with publications
• At least 5 year’s experience working with data analysis (P3 equivalent)
• Skilled time management and ability to work with short deadlines
• Strong communicator and ability to communicate in both written and verbal format
• Excellent collaborator and experience working in teams
• Extensive ability in program management
• Extensive ability in epidemic intelligence and conducting risk assessments
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision is required
• Extensive expertise using data analysis software
• Expertise in analysing large amount of raw data
• Previous experience in preparing reposts on data analysis
• Prior experience working with the United Nations (UN) or other international organization
• Field experience with surveillance systems/monitoring
• Experience with data cleaning and working with complex data sets
Languages Required: English required; second UN working language is an asset
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.