At CSIS we actively seek to employ a diverse group of people who embody our organizational values. We welcome and encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply, especially those from traditionally underrepresented groups.
The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) is a non-profit, bipartisan public policy organization established in 1962 to provide insights and policy solutions to decision-makers. Over the years, it has grown to be one of the largest organizations of its kind, with a staff of more than 240 employees, including more than 120 analysts working to address the changing dynamics of international security and U.S. foreign policy.
CSIS is seeking a Research Associate- Economic and Security Studies for the Wadhwani Chair in U.S. India Policy Studies. The Research Associate will drive the team’s public outreach, adding visibility to our work through media engagement, events, and social media. The Research Associate will also lead our research function.
The salary for this position starts at $55,000 annually and is subject to change based on experience level.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Functions may include but are not limited to the following:
• Coordinates writing projects by staff and non-resident staff and helps them place articles in major media outlets, or published through CSIS’ in-house channels.
• Drives the program’s expansion into new media formats for conveying complex policy ideas to policymakers.
• Drafts and edits publications, correspondence, memoranda, and reports.
• Develop and manage public and private events including speaker recruitment, agenda preparation, and organizing media coverage (when appropriate).
• Helps oversee research projects by interns.
• Manage social media updates and website development.
• Ensures articles from our Indian States Weekly get added to our Engaging Indian States microsite.
• When needed, represents the Wadhwani Chair at meetings and events.
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
• B.A. required. Degree in International Relations, International Development, International Relations, Economics, or related field preferred;
• At least 5 years experience in a business or policy environment;
• Track record of managing others—helping them meet deadlines, editing their writing.
• Superior writing and analytical skills;
• Ability to operate under pressure and in a fast-paced environment;
• Must possess strong communication skills including the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from constituency groups, media, governmental entities, and the general public;
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
• Candidates should possess sound judgment and impeccable integrity, positive attitude and creative outlook;
• Experience with social media in a professional setting preferred;
• Ability to interact with and respond to questions from a range of individuals with diverse interests, backgrounds and dispositions.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK CONDITIONS:
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee working in an office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, resume, short writing sample, and references to https://careers.csis.org/.