Under the overall supervision of the Senior Animal Health Officer/ ECTAD Global Programme Coordinator (NSAH), the functional and administrative supervision of the FAO Representative in Mozambique and the direct supervision of the ECTAD Country Team Leader in Mozambique, and technical backstopping of the ECTAD regional team for Eastern Africa the National Consultant will support the development of the Animal Health workforce Strategy.
The Specialist will report to ECTAD Country Team Leader
The incumbent will be expected to: Draft a national AH workforce development strategy – incorporating the key observations made by several assessments (PVS, JEE, and SET, ATLASS) of the AH system in Mozambique.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Draft a national AH workforce development Strategy – incorporating the key observations made by several assessments (PVS, JEE, and SET) of the AH surveillance system in Mozambique.
- Facilitate a National workshop to share and validate the strategy and the action plan,
- Finalize and produce the strategy incorporating the various recommendations from the validation workshop, and
- Undertake any other assignments as may be requested by the supervisor.
- Approach – the consultant is expected to use the following approach
- Literature review (published and grey)
- Conduct a complete assessment profile of AH workforce
- Conduct key informant interviews – with the AH stakeholders
- Propose an holistic AH workforce development and retention strategies and action plan in context of Mozambique
- Present the draft strategy to stakeholders for validation
- Prepare the final strategy
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University Degree in Human Resource Management
- Five years of relevant field experience in veterinary epidemiology/animal health activities at national level/Public Health Epidemiology; experience in policy design such as Strategies, Legislations in Veterinary or livestock domain etc.
- Fluent in Portuguese language with working knowledge (level C) of English.
- Nationality of Mozambique or resident in the country with a regular work permit.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Ability to work in interdisciplinary teams.
This job is no longer available.