The Finance and Administrative Officer provides financial, accounting and procurement support to the Peru office, ensuring International IDEA’s finance and procurement policies and procedures are adhered to.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs all duties related to the Supplier’s Ledger including processing of invoices, payments, maintenance of supplier accounts and recording of transactions, ensuring that transactions are properly authorized in accordance with delegated authority;
- Manages daily cashier activities ensuring adherence to International IDEA’s policies and procedures, accounting principles and best practices; establish and maintain cash controls;
- Monitors cash flow and ensures adequate cash levels are maintained in the Asuncion office and across the region as applicable;
- Ensures that all transactions are properly recorded in the financial system;
- Prepares monthly financial reports and monthly reconciliation of accounts as applicable;
- Provides support and guidance to project managers on preparation and revision of project/activity budgets in conformity with the applicable policies and procedures;
- Assists with support from HQ in preparing the budget breakdown and budget monitoring for the Paraguay office;
- Prepares project expenditure reports and analysis and assists project managers in tracking financial process of projects as required;
- Sets up grant financial schedule and aligns grant budget with UBW system;
- Assists the Administrative Assistant in drawing up contracts, purchase requisitions, purchase orders and service orders as required, keeping records of all commitments and expenditures;
- Maintains responsibility in consultation with Headquarters for preparing contracts according to International IDEA’s Procurement Policy so as to ensure that the Institute’s financial and commercial interest are protected;
- Ensures Project Managers are aware of grant conditions and reporting deadlines;
- Monitors adherence to donor financial and reporting requirements and prepares financial reports to donors as required for HQ review and approval;
- Advises staff on internal financial related policies and procedures and their use (e.g. travel policy, reimbursement policy, etc.);
- Maintains filing and archiving systems of accounting and financial documents and records
- Adds considerable value to team-based activities in his/her unit, and acts as a resource for colleagues; collaborates with other entities of the Institute as required;
- Follows internal procedures to ensure high standards of performance and compliance with Institutional guidelines;
- Integrates a gender and diversity perspective in all activities.
- Acts in accordance with International IDEA’s Core Values; Respect, Integrity and Professionalism.
- Senior Programme Manager, Peru
Education and Experience
- A University degree in financial management, accountancy, business management or equivalent;
- A minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in dealing with financial systems and budgets, financial reporting, financial data analysis and auditing;
- Experience with grant management including budgeting, costing, monitoring and implementation;
- Previous experience working with international organizations will be considered an advantage;
- Fluency in English and Spanish i.e. written and oral required. Any other widely spoken language in an International IDEA priority region would also be an asset.
Terms of Contract:
- Local Post.
- Fixed term appointment untill 31 December 2023.
- Remuneration - PEN 12,921 Gross per month.
Please note as this is a local post, International IDEA will bear no costs relating to relocation of the selected candidate to the duty station. This position is open to those legally authorized to live and work in Peru for the duration of the contract. International IDEA is not able to support work permit applications.
Applying for this position:
- Applications should be submitted online not later than 23:59 (CEST) on 19th July 2022
- Please note that all applications must be made in English.
- Evaluation of qualified candidates will include a written test assessment and up to two (2) interviews.
- Candidates selected to proceed to the next stage of the process will be contacted once all applications have been carefully reviewed.
- All candidates will be notified on the status of their application via email once the process has been finalized.
International IDEA is an equal opportunity employer which seeks to further diversify its staff in terms of gender, culture and nationality.