Pooled Procurement Services · Castries, LC
ABOUT THE OECS
The Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS) is an inter-governmental organisation dedicated to economic harmonisation and integration, protection of human and legal rights, and the encouragement of good governance among independent and non-independent countries in the Eastern Caribbean. Under the Treaty of Basseterre (RTB, 1981) and now The Revised RTB (2010), Member States agree to cooperate with each other and promote unity and solidarity, including participation by Protocol Members in an Economic Union. Read More...
Reporting to the Head- Procurement Unit, the Procurement Manager will be responsible for assisting the Head- Procurement in the management and coordination of the unit’s procurement activities. The Procurement Manager will apply sound technical expertise and experience to support and execute the strategic vision of the Head-Procurement. The Procurement Manager will seek to accomplish results by providing procurement services, procurement training, support policy, and programme development, to implement procurement initiatives aligned to the business strategy. The Procurement Manager is also charged with developing and maintaining key relationships with managers and employees.
- Lead the strategic level activities for the development of the OECS annual procurement plans and provide recommendations for synergies/pooled procurement.
- Guide and participate in the preparation of all procurement documents (EOIs, RFPs, TORs, MOUs, offer letters, contracts, and other forms of Agreements) and perform related work as may be required by project leads.
- Lead corporate oversight for purchases across multiple disciplines including review of terms of references, evaluation reports and bidding documents, quotations, and proposals for services, works and goods
- Lead the process for reviewing and monitoring compliance with policies/ standards and, prepare reports for claims of Procurement malpractice.
- Ensure that all procurement databases are up to date for efficient management of contracts in terms of the contract value, contract period, and other related contractual matters for Consultants, Suppliers and Contractors.
- Work with the Head of Procurement to leverage resources across units to support the procurement goals, by using staff strengths to drive outcomes.
- Assist the Head of Procurement in evaluating planned performance vs. actual and develop strategies for meeting agreed goals.
- Assist the Head of Procurement in communicating the strategic vision and brand for the Procurement Unit.
- Support the Head of Procurement by preparing periodic and special reports using analytics that support the planning and execution of procurement activities.
- Advise the OECS Bid Committee and perform functions as a member of relevant Bid Sub-Committees
- Contribute to the procurement analysis to assess the efficiency and effectiveness of procurement activities against work plans and to address key challenges.
- Act as the main business partner between the Divisions/Units and Procurement team.
- Act as a business partner and main contact person to support the Member States in the implementation and capacity building of their procurement functions across multiple projects.
- Participate and respond to specific queries on procurement from Donors, Auditors, and external stakeholders
- Build strong internal networks with key decision-makers in your area of technical expertise.
- Review and approve activities procurement documents prepared by procurement officers as per approval guidelines and offer guidance where required.
- Assist the Head of Procurement with mentoring, coaching and technical development of staff of the Procurement Unit.
- Develop and facilitate training for procurement officers and other key staff
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- A University First Degree in Procurement, Business Management, Accounting or related field.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ practical experience and knowledge of procurement procedures and policies of international lending institutions (such as the World Bank, Inter-American Development Bank, and European Union).
- Graduate Diploma in Procurement or Supply Chain Management or Professional Procurement certification will be an added advantage
- Experience at the regional level would be an asset.
- Ability to supervise and mentor staff work
- Experience in researching and analyzing trends and prices for services and goods.
- Strong training skills.
- Proven competence and knowledge of principles, practices and procedures governing procurement.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with tight, sometimes conflicting deadlines
- Ability to foster relationships with key partners within and outside the Commission.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills as duties will entail working with a diverse number of people including executives, suppliers and vendors.
- Fully conversant in Information Technology and other related procurement software.
- Drive with Purpose and Vision
- Create an Environment of Trust
- Build Effective Teams
- Ensure Accountability
- Demonstrate Decision Quality
- Communicate Effectively
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
The OECS Commission is headquartered in Castries, Saint Lucia. The position of Procurement Manager is stationed at the OECS Commission headquarters.
All nationals of the OECS Member States: Antigua and Barbuda, Commonwealth of Dominica, Grenada, Montserrat, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Anguilla, The British Virgin Islands, Martinique, and Guadeloupe are encouraged to apply.
The position is on a fixed-term establishment. The salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience, and exempt from income taxes. In addition to the basic salary, this post attracts allowances.
The incumbent will be eligible for membership in the Organisation’s non-contributory Group Health and Life Insurance Scheme.
The deadline for all submissions is Friday 8th July 2022.
Only applications under consideration will be acknowledged.
Apply for This Job