Project Manager -Health
Health Unit · Castries, LC
PROJECT MANAGER - HEALTH
ABOUT THE OECS
The Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS) is an inter-governmental organisation dedicated to economic harmonisation and integration, protection of human and legal rights, and the encouragement of good governance among independent and non-independent countries in the Eastern Caribbean. Under the Treaty of Basseterre (RTB, 1981) and now The Revised RTB (2010), Member States agree to cooperate with each other and promote unity and solidarity, including participation by Protocol Members in an Economic Union. Read More...
Under the leadership of the Programme Director - Health and in collaboration with the Head of Portfolio Management Office, the Project Manager/ Technical Specialist will apply their project management and technical expertise to the plan, implement, control, and complete the HIV TB Elimination project, identify project risks while remaining aligned with project and Health Unit objectives. The Project Manager plays a critical role in driving international development projects, and ensure that projects are delivered to the highest standards. The role will be responsible for creating an environment of trust, open communication and innovative thinking in which teams can be developed and engaged.
- Leads project within the knowledge and technical areas and across the project life cycle
- Leads the project team in day-to-day activities in an environment that is supportive of change, facilitates conflict resolution, engenders confidence, and contributes to staff development.
- Provides a holistic view of the overall project to the organization and major stakeholders, works closely with Project Director and Portfolio Management Office [PMO], Project Steering Committee [PSC] and the Member States
- Provide timely/regular project updates to key stakeholders, through reports, presentations, meetings and other relevant media and forums.
- Network with the Regional Coordinating Mechanism (RCM), Subrecipients SRs, partners and implementing partners on a regular basis to obtain and share pertinent data/information
- Manages project documentation and tools including Lessons Learned, Risk Register, Activity Listing, Stakeholder Register, Issues Log, etc.
- Monitor and promote best practices in the care and management of persons living with HIV and TB
- Serves as primary contact for the project and manages project communication including actively reporting on project progress and health to Project Director, PMO and PSC and externally to funding agencies
- Lead in negotiations where necessary to achieve project results
- Leads third-party relationships involved in the delivery of goods, works, and services to the project and oversees contract administration
- Manages and controls project costs ensuring effective financial oversight
- Manages project risk including proactively identifying, analyzing, evaluating, mitigating, and monitoring along with providing solutions to complex issues
- Provides quality assurance of deliverables including project products
- Ensures project is completed within established timelines and manages project schedule
- Actively contributes to the organization’s Annual Work Plan and Budget [AWPB]
- Represents project(s) and OECSC at national, regional, and international meetings/fora
- Carry out such other related duties as may be required from time to time by the Programme Director Health
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- PMP, PRINCE2 or equivalent qualification (at least 5 years)
- A Professional degree in Health (MD, RN, MPH)
- Specialist training or education in Infectious Diseases/ Communicable Disease or Clinical Management of HIV.
- Advanced knowledge and proven technical experience as a project manager (4-5 years)
- Proven experience in successfully managing donor-funded projects in one of the following fields: social, education, health, regional integration or environmental.
- Experience working with HIV, TB, persons living with HIV and /or key populations.
- Experience working in health systems in the OECS or the wider Caribbean with an understanding of the political and economic environment.
- Diplomacy skills and experience working with Ministers of Health and Senior Government Officials
- Demonstrated leadership, critical thinking, problem-solving, analytical, and organisational skills.
- Able to build and maintain strong working relationships with key decision-makers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and with teams with appropriate negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated strong analytical, reporting and presentation skills
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills (demonstrates efficiency and effectiveness).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience and skills in the Microsoft Suite of programmes, (including Microsoft PowerPoint, Project, MS Excel, Word)
- High proficiency in the use of project management software and tools
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Drive with Purpose and Vision
- Create an Environment of Trust
- Build Effective Teams
- Ensure Accountability
- Demonstrate Decision Quality
- Communicate Effectively
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
The OECS Commission is headquartered in Castries, Saint Lucia. The position of Project Manager- Health is stationed at the OECS Commission headquarters.
All nationals of the OECS Member States: Antigua and Barbuda, Commonwealth of Dominica, Grenada, Montserrat, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Anguilla, The British Virgin Islands, Martinique, and Guadeloupe are encouraged to apply.
The position is on a fixed-term establishment. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience, and exempt from income taxes. In addition to the basic salary, this post attracts allowances.
The deadline for all submissions is Monday 28th June 2022.
Only applications under consideration will be acknowledged.