Our model for success is a better life for everyone and purposeful tasks for our employees. For more than 50 years, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), as a company of the German Federal Government, has been supporting the implementation of development policy goals worldwide. Together with partner organisations in 120 countries, we are involved in a diverse range of projects. If you want to make a difference in the world and develop yourself in the process, you've come to the right place.
- Job-ID: V000050437
- Location: Battambang
- Assignment period: 09/01/2022 - 11/30/2024
- Field: Peace, Security and Emergency
- Type of employment: full-time
- Application deadline: 07/12/2022
The Civil Peace Service (CPS) is a global programme working on the prevention of violence and peacebuilding in crisis and conflict regions. The CPS regional programme Southeast Asian University Partnership for Peacebuilding and Conflict Transformation (SAUP) cooperates with three universities in Philippines, Timor Leste and Cambodia developing curricula for peace and conflict studies. Partners are supported in building their capacity in curriculum design and contextualisation by integrating best practices from local/traditional practices in non-violent conflict transformation. CPS SAUP also cooperates with the Center of Conflict Research of Philipps University in Marburg. The CPS programme coordination is located in Phnom Penh/Cambodia.
- Advisory and process orientation of personnel of the Faculty of Sociology and Community Development in the development of context appropriate courses (modules)
- Trainings on peace tools, methods and concepts for integration into teaching methodology
- Supporting a team on the development of curriculum in peace and conflict studies
- Strengthening capacities in research methodology and integrating aspects dealing with the past through use of archives for research
- Supporting the integration of student-centered learning in the faculty through creative approaches
- Supporting the National University of Battambang in the establishment of a network with civil society and in cooperation with other university partners of SAUP (Strengthen strategic partnerships and network locally, regionally and internationally)
- Support in team processes
- Master’s degree in Peace and Conflict Studies, Social or Educational Science or any other relevant field
- Specialist knowledge in theroy and practice of conflict transformation
- International experience in project management preferably in Southeast Asia
- Experience working in education (adult or higher education) through teaching, research and/or cooperation. Practice in Curriculum development as an acid
- High level of communication competence and facilitation skills. Empathy, respect, openess, pacience. Structural and strategic thinking
- Intercultural sensitivity, prepared to work in international teams
- Openess and ability to adapt to a very dynamic working environment with a high level of resiliency
- Business fluent in English and strong willingness to learn Khmer
We are pleased to offer you a first impression on topics such as climate, shopping and services, the school situation and health care in Cambodia.
Battambang: International schools available for primary level only- Local clinics with international standards available, hospitals with international standards available in Siem Reap or Bangkok, Thailand
In general, the security situation is calm. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. A contact person for security risk management is appointed at the local GIZ office. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
Further information on country-specific advice from the Federal Foreign Office at https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en.
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Driving licence is required.
Willingness to travel on a regular basis is required.
For general questions from dependent partners about local employment - please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please observe the provisions of the country-specific vaccination regulations for entry and work in the country of assignment - in particular also regarding COVID-19.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.