The Clean Cooking Alliance (CCA) works with a global network of partners to build an inclusive industry that makes clean cooking accessible to the three billion people who live each day without it. Established in 2010, CCA is driving consumer demand, mobilizing investment to build a pipeline of scalable businesses, and fostering an enabling environment that allows the sector to thrive. Clean cooking transforms lives by improving health, protecting the climate and environment, empowering women, and helping consumers save time and money.
The Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) will support CCA’s mission by providing analytical, technical, and programmatic support to the organization, with an emphasis on CCA’s Haiti Cookstoves and Clean Energy Market project (Haiti project). The Manager will play a key role in data collection, analysis and reporting, and in conducting learning activities for the project. The Manager will be supported by the Haiti project-based Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer. The Manager and the M&E Officer will help ensure accountability and efficiency for all the Haiti project’s activities, from start to finish, as outlined in the project’s M&E plan.
Apart from the Haiti project, the Manager will contribute to the design, data collection, reporting, and maintenance of some of CCA’s organization-wide M&E work. This includes providing support for CCA’s Standard Indicators (SI) and Learning Agenda and contributing to set up M&E systems for the initiatives emanating from CCA’s Clean Cooking Systems Strategy (CCSS). The Manager will support CCA’s Evidence & Impact (E&I) team to ensure that all M&E responsibilities are implemented efficiently, on time, and in line with the values of CCA.
The Manager reports to the Senior Manager, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL). The Manager will supervise the work of the M&E Officer (based in Haiti), and work closely with the Haiti project team and other CCA team members to ensure strong linkages between M&E and CCA programming.
This position can be based in Washington D.C. or remote within the United States.
Haiti Project M&E (60% of expected effort)
- In collaboration with the project’s M&E Officer, and with CCA’s Haiti team, establish processes and procedures for monitoring, evaluation, and learning for CCA’s work in Haiti. The Manager will lead a “culture of learning” where monitoring data is continuously used to improve project implementation
- Lead and/or support the Haiti team in routine data collection activities throughout the project’s implementation, including data collection for project indicators
- Work with the M&E Officer and other field-based staff on data collection, cleaning and analysis.
- Lead M&E reporting tasks, including drafting M&E sections of the project’s quarterly and annual reports
- Develop and maintain a data management system for the project indicators and other project M&E data
- Support other M&E initiatives, including monitoring data quality, tracking the progress of activities, and contributing to staff capacity building initiatives as necessary
- Work with the project team to manage data collection and other activities for internal and external evaluations
- Support knowledge management efforts to capture and disseminate important programmatic experiences and lessons learned and conduct project specific learning activities
- Support the project team on ways to properly document, organize and capture program progress and learning
- Perform field visits, as needed, to ensure the quality of data collected and verify the accuracy of reported data
- Support the Haiti team to ensure that donor, partner, and government data queries are addressed in an accurate and timely manner
- Oversee M&E budgets and contracts of external consultants, as required
- Perform other duties as required
Organization-wide M&E (40% of expected effort)
- Contribute to data collection, reporting and maintaining the ongoing system of CCA’s organization wide MEL Framework’s Standard Indicators (SI)
- Contribute to the process of updating and revising the MEL Framework and the SI as needed
- Contribute to designing, data collection, reporting and maintaining MEL systems for the initiatives emanating from CCA’s CCSS
- Provide support to CCA’s Learning Agenda’s activities, as needed
- Provide M&E technical support for proposal development, as needed
- Respond to relevant M&E donor requests related to M&E data, as needed
- Serve as an internal resource for M&E capacity building for CCA staff
- Represent CCA’s M&E work to external audiences as needed, including donors, other stakeholder groups, and at conferences
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree or higher in a related field preferred
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience, including at least 5 years of experience with M&E preferred.
- Proven project M&E management skills in international development contexts (experience with Haiti-focused projects/programs preferred), including the ability to move projects M&E frameworks forward from inception to implementation to completion with adherence to deadlines.
- Demonstrated analytical, quantitative and qualitative analysis, statistical, and Windows Excel skills
- Demonstrated data management skills, which includes experience cleaning data and managing large datasets
- Strong experience with design and implementation of M&E tools, surveys, and monitoring systems, and with conducting in-depth interviews and focus groups
- Experience with conducting learning activities and/or evaluations
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills in English; professional fluency in French and/or Haitian Creole preferred
- High ethical standards and ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion with sensitive information
- Ability to work with various teams
- Ability to follow instructions thoroughly
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy
- Travel up to 10% required
Benefits & Compensation
For full-time, benefit eligible employees, UNF offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
- a choice between two health plans through UnitedHealthcare (PPO or HDHP with HSA)
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- flexible spending accounts
- 403b retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution
- group term and supplemental life insurance
- short-term disability
- long-term disability
- health club discounts
- commuter subsidy
- back-up care
- employee assistance program
Additionally, all benefit eligible employees have 12 paid holidays, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 3 personal days, and 8 weeks of family leave care.
The United Nations Foundation is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative-action employer. The United Nations Foundation provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.