Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Global Power, Water, Internet (PWI) Accelerator advances existing Heifer Signature Program goals through targeted technology, equipment, appliances, and innovative financial interventions, to further the pathway to a sustainable living income for smallholder farmers.
Reporting to the PWI Accelerator Executive Director, the Senior Project Manager is responsible for the oversight of a portfolio of PWI projects. S(he) will maintain focus on detailed project management, budgets, contractors and achieving optimum impact of the PWI Accelerator through supporting field staff with project development and implementation. This role requires an effective communicator, leader, and collaborator to work with multiple teams globally.
We are looking for candidates that are located in Denver, CO but will consider remote candidates within the U.S.
A. PWI Project Management (75%)
- Provide headquarters oversight and detailed tracking of a portfolio of PWI projects and their status, including in-country implementation of project plans, budget, sources, and uses of funds, schedule, and deliverables.
- Mobilize and manage PWI headquarters project subcontractors and vendor agreements, task orders, deliverables, and invoices. Reviews in-country Signature Program project subcontractors and vendor activities, agreements, task orders, and deliverables.
- Liaise with other Heifer departments to manage project tracking, compliance, impact, and performance. In partnership with the Executive Director, Operations Director and MELs– ensure the funded interventions align Signature Program goals and are achieving PWI KPIs, designed in the Results Framework.
- Support Signature Program Directors and project teams with strategic project leadership and excellent management and oversight of submission of project proposals to PWI interventions for implementation and/or project funding, including writing, reviewing, and editing project concept, proposal and project plan, schedule, and budget.
- Support the Signature Program Directors and project teams with compliance, procurement, financial management, internal and external reporting, document preparation, and other needs as identified.
- Support the Signature Program Director and project teams to effectively manage project risks in each phase of project implementation in a timely manner, to ensure fulfillment of objectives. Proactively troubleshoot problems as they arise, including those related to project implementation, human resources, management, finance, grants, and partner coordination, etc. Escalates any implementation bottlenecks to the Executive Director.
- Will supervise others.
B. Reporting (20%)
- Present PWI portfolio overview, the status of each project and requests to the PWI Steering Committee on a regular basis.
- Track, summarize and report the status of the portfolio of project work plans, burn-rate, monthly and quarterly.
- Assist with documenting achievement of objectives and collection of data for the monitoring and evaluation plan.
- Draft projects summaries for annual reports, fund-raisers and on an as-needed basis.
C. Other job-related duties as assigned (5%)
- Given the PWI Accelerator is a new group, other unforeseen job duties may arise and be assigned on an as-needed basis.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 7 years project management within development organizations, field experience preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of Heifer processes, protocols, reporting, and operations is a plus
- Experience managing, tracking, and reporting numerous, complex international development projects, simultaneously
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and writing abilities
- Demonstrated cross-cultural, interpersonal, problem-solving and leadership skills.
- Ability to perform tasks independently with little to no direction or oversight.
- Must be detail-oriented