The incumbent will be under the direct supervision of the Project Officer. The incumbent performs translation/interpretation within the ExB project “Supporting a More Effective Administration of Justice in Corruption and Organised Crime Cases in Albania through Trial Monitoring”
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Project Officer the incumbent performs the following responsibilities:
1. Translate from Albanian to English judicial and prosecutorial acts, minutes from the court hearings, relevant legislation and other relevant documents
2. Proofreads and edits written material, such as project reports, legal opinions, monitoring report;
3. Provides interpretation at official meetings to and from the local language and English, both consecutive and simultaneous;
4. When required takes the minutes of meetings for distribution to designated officials;
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Secondary education supplemented by specific studies in the English language.
- Minimum 4 years experience in interpretation or translation.
- Computer literate with practical experience with Microsoft applications
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and in the local language.
According to the fixed OSCE salary scale, the monthly remuneration for G5 is approximately 969 EURO, subject to National Social Security as per Albanian Law. OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://vacancies.osce.org/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of the recruitment will be contacted.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please see https://www.osce.org/participating-states.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please note that for this position the OSCE does not reimburse expenses such as travel in connection with interviews, tests, visas and relocation.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.