This position is based in the Regional Office (RO) San Jose, Costa Rica, headed by the Regional Director (RD).
The successful candidate will be an experienced person with demonstrated competence to contribute toward the success of the RD´s Office. The contract of services for this position is for six months. Moreover, please be informed that the first three months are considered as a probatory period, subject to a successful performance in order to complete the total contract´s length.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide general secretarial support and administrative assistance to RTS Unit in the coordination and referral of Project proposals as part of the review and endorsement process.
- Track and record project review, endorsement, and reporting using the established project information matrix.
- Attend RTSs coordination meetings, take notes and prepare and distribute meeting minutes before the next meeting.
- Arrange in-house and external meeting as well as conference calls, as requested. Take notes and prepare meeting minutes upon request.
- Initiate and manage the logistical aspects of conferences, workshops and seminars organized by RTSs. Including liaison with a range of external partners and counterparts as required.
- Assist RTS s in making necessary travel arrangements for work travel, as requested and in coordination with the Movement Unit and concerned IOM colleagues in destination countries.
- Make informal translations (English/Spanish/English), as requested.
- Draft routine correspondence in connection with activities carried out by the RTSs.
- Maintain, organize and update shared folders associated with the RTS Unit.
- Assist in the development and management of knowledge management platforms for the Regional Office.
- Contribute in the coordination and development of information for the Regional Office Website.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education and Experience
- High School or Technical degree in project administration, international relations, social sciences or other related field. Basic understanding of international migration.
- Experience assisting in the management and/or tracking of projects.
- Experience in independent writing skills for reports, meetings minutes and other relevant documents.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via e-mail ROSanJoseVacancies@iom.int, by September 30th, 2019 at the latest, referring to this advertisement VN CR99-19-10.
For further information, please refer to https://rosanjose.iom.int/site/es/vacancy
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts documentation duly completed (resume in the attached IOM PH format, Motivation Letter and PDF file of candidate´s CV in English language).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 16. September.2019 to 30.September.2019