Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Nutrition and Food Systems Experts, Central and South America
ACDI/VOCA is seeking experienced Nutrition and Food Systems Experts for both short- and long-term opportunities related to nutrition and food systems programming and proposals in Central and South America. The experts will be required to keep regular and close communication with teams working in Central/South America, Washington D.C., and remote/tele-work. Tasks may be conducted remotely or in-person as required.
Consultancy opportunities vary but may include:
- Support projects to implement nutrition and food systems activities by supporting intervention design and technical backstopping of in-country teams throughout implementation, including regular planning calls, review of technical deliverables, and remote or in-person trainings
- Support nutrition and food systems research including assisting or leading methodology design, data collection processes, analysis, and report writing in conjunction with in-country teams and other technical experts
- Support the design and delivery of training and workshops on nutrition-sensitive agriculture and/or food systems for clients including implementation teams, institutions, project participants, private sector partners, etc.
- Support project partners on development, refinement, and/or roll-out of nutrition-sensitive business models and integration of food systems outcomes into market development activities
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in nutrition, public health, or relevant discipline required, plus min. 5 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated nutrition-sensitive and/or food systems experience and expertise, ideally in USAID programming.
- Experience working within market systems development contexts and applying nutrition-sensitive principles to private sector strengthening and economic growth objectives.
- Experience working in Central and/or South America, especially liaising with private sector, government, and public institutions desired.
- Strong understanding of Central/South American cultural context and market system function preferred.
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to gather and analyze a variety of information pertaining to nutrition and food systems issues and to develop appropriate recommendations for action.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to write required documents in a clear, concise, well-organized manner.
- Fluency in English and Spanish required.