Our model for success is a better life for everyone and purposeful tasks for our employees. For more than 50 years, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), as a company of the German Federal Government, has been supporting the implementation of development policy goals worldwide. Together with partner organisations in more than 130 countries, we are involved in a diverse range of projects. If you want to make a difference in the world and develop yourself in the process, you've come to the right place.
- Job-ID: V000049758
- Location: Bonn
- Assignment period: 07/01/2022 - 03/31/2023
- Field: Public Relation
- Type of employment: full- or part-time
- Application deadline: 05/19/2022
The Africa-EU Energy Partnership (AEEP, africa-eu-energy-partnership.org) was launched by African and European Heads of State in 2007 at the AU-EU Summit in Lisbon, Portugal. As central partnership of the Joint Africa-EU Strategy, the AEEP is the key political platform through which both continents work together on energy. The overall aim of the AEEP is to facilitate the achievement of universal access to affordable, sustainable and modern energy services in Africa, including in rural areas, as a necessity and as a pre-requisite for generating inclusive development and jobs. The Secretariat of the AEEP is administered by GIZ as part of the Global Energy Transformation Programme (GET.pro).
- Support and maintain the AEEP website, social media account and quarterly AEEP newsletter
- Produce creative and high-quality press texts, publications, presentations and standardised communication products
- Assist with the organisation of meetings and events, including planning, logistics and outreach
- Support the organisation of the AEEP Forum 2022
- Assist with the project management of selected workstreams pursued by the AEEP Secretariat
- Support research and analysis related to energy e.g. policy, private sector investment, capacity development for energy, job creation, decentral RE, gender, with a focus on Africa
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, Social or Political Sciences, Development Studies or similar
- Initial relevant work experience, preferably gained abroad, in communications and public relations, ideally in the context of an international organization
- Understanding of the historical and current political context between Africa and Europe
- Understanding of the role of energy in African development, international conventions and collaboration relating to climate change
- Very good verbal and written communication skills, tact and diplomacy
- Competencies in the area of social media and new media
- Profound skills in MS office required in particular but not limited to Excel, PowerPoint and graphic programmes
- Business fluent in English; German and French skills are a strong advantage
This job is suited to a full or a part-time position.
The willingness for frequent business trips is required.
The willingness to work reciprocally abroad and in Germany is required.
There is an option to extend the contract.
Please understand, that we can only accept and process applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.