UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women work in Ukraine focuses on supporting the government and civil society in advancing gender equality and implementation of the national and international commitments. UN Women has been concentrating its interventions toward the realization of following strategic goals: women’s leadership and participation; implementation of women, peace and security agenda, and gender responsive governance. UN Women works closely with the UN Country Team in integration of women’s rights and gender equality in all spheres of UN work.
The project “Transformative approaches to achieving gender equality in Ukraine” aims at employing transformative approaches to the advancement of gender equality and women’s empowerment, which we understand as breaking out with ‘business-as-usual’; instead of focusing on barriers women face and empowering women through working with women, gender transformative approaches engage variety of agents of change. Transformative approaches aim at removing the root causes, structural barriers, and restrictive social norms, that underpin the persistence of gender inequalities in various areas of life. In our case transformative approach means engaging with the key institutions at the same time, that have significant impact on either reproduction of restrictive gender stereotypes or can help to break down these social norms and pave the way to greater gender equality and women’s empowerment: the government, women’s organizations, and the private sector.
Reporting directly to the Project Manager, the Project Specialist on Private Sector Partnership contributes to the effective implementation of the Project by providing substantive inputs related to project design, formulation, implementation and evaluation on the Private Sector Partnership portfolio of the Project. She/he works in close collaboration with the project team, UN Women programme and operations teams, Government officials, multi and bi-lateral donors and civil society ensuring successful UN Women programme implementation under Private Sector Partnership portfolio.
Impact of results:
The key results of this post directly impact on the ability of UN Women to effectively implement UN Women’s programs and related operations in the country. This impact should lead to enhancing the visibility and image of UN Women as an effective leader on gender equality and women’s rights and empowerment within the country.
Summary of key functions:
- Design, Implementation, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (Private Sector Partnership Portfolio of the Project)
- Contribution to Inter-Agency coordination and partnerships building (Private Sector Partnership Portfolio)
- Advocacy support and facilitation of knowledge development and management (Private Sector Partnership Portfolio)
- Provide inputs to UN Women Operations team to ensure timely implementation of the activities in compliance with the UN Women policies and procedures (Private Sector Partnership Portfolio of the Project)
?Design, Implementation, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (Private Sector Partnership Portfolio of the Project)
- Ensure substantive contribution to the analysis and research of the situation and new policy developments on the women’s economic empowerment, Women’s Empowerment Principles and private sector in the country and prepare substantive inputs to the UN Women country office programme and the project planning;
- Design and formulate of programme initiatives translating UN Women’s priorities into the Project interventions on the Private Sector Partnership for women’s economic empowerment;
- Ensure provision of timely inputs to the preparation and update annual and detailed implementation work plans and other related documents for timely commencement and implementation of the Private Sector Partnership portfolio activities;
- Ensure timely and effective implementation of the Private Sector Partnership portfolio of the Project and delivery of results in accordance with the Project Document, work plans and other project documents;
- Provide inputs to the reports on the Private Sector Partnership portfolio results , including progress and annual reports, as well as ad-hoc technical reports;
- Contribute to Private Sector Partnership portfolio monitoring and evaluation;
- Ensure proper management of the budget component allocated for the Private Sector Partnership portfolio implementation;
- Arrange and monitor field level activities of the Private Sector Partnership portfolio.
2. Contribution to Inter-Agency coordination and partnerships building (Private Sector Partnership Portfolio)
- Provide substantive support on inter-agency coordination related activities within the Private Sector Partnership portfolio;
- Provide expert support in preparation of analytical and regular progress reports on UN Women´s program experiences in support of UN Women inter-agency coordination role within the Private Sector Partnership portfolio;
- Support UN Women in strategic partnership building with the private sector;
- Develop the professional platform for networking and partnership building with the private sector;
- Provide technical advisory support in engagement with relevant national, regional and local authorities, CSOs, development partners, private business and media to support the development and implementation of the Private Sector Partnership portfolio;
- Maintain close liaison with national, regional and local partners, ensuring optimum participation of all relevant stakeholders of the Private Sector Partnership portfolio implementation;
- Ensure coordination with relevant stakeholders for effective implementation of the Private Sector Partnership portfolio;
- Facilitate collection, analysis and interpretation of data in the field of the Private Sector Partnership portfolio implementation. Prepare regular updates on all critical issues related to the Private Sector Partnership portfolio implementation.
3. Advocacy support and facilitation of knowledge development and management (Private Sector Partnership Portfolio)
- Manage the establishment of advocacy networks at national level and linkages to international networks;
- Proactively and substantively support and implement relevant, high-impact advocacy activities and campaigns with key partners;
- Ensure awareness about current and emerging trends by analyzing programme, projects, strategies, approaches and ongoing experience for lessons learned, best practices, and shares with management for use in knowledge sharing and planning future strategies;
- Prepare articles and social media materials on the project activities as well as the thematic materials;
- Proactively contribute to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
4. Provide inputs to UN Women Operations team to ensure timely implementation of the activities in compliance with the UN Women policies and procedures (Private Sector Partnership Portfolio of the Project)
- Draft ToRs for experts and companies’ involvement and Concept Notes for events and relevant activities;
- Observe UN Women procurement procedures for selection of suppliers, submit required supporting documents to Operations team for timely processing of contracts and payments;
- Participate in various selection processes for companies and individuals within the scope of exercise.
MEASURABLE OUTPUTS OF THE WORK ASSIGNMENT:
- Full and appropriate implementation of the Project activities within the Private Sector Partnership portfolio
- Results, experiences and lessons learned during implementation of the Project are shared with the project management
- Programme initiatives are designed and formulated for translating UN Women’s priorities into the Project interventions within the Private Sector Partnership portfolio
- Reporting and quality monitoring activities completed
PERFORMANCE INDICATORS FOR EVALUATION OF RESULTS:
- Annual work plan for the Private Sector Partnership portfolio is fully and timely implemented
- Funds delivery for the Private Sector Partnership portfolio reached 100%
- Timely monitoring and tracking of programme results
- Adherence to UN Women standards, procedures and rules
- Timely organization of events/meetings
- Number of knowledge products developed
- Partnership is established with key stakeholders
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Management, Public Administration, Human Rights, Law, Economics, Gender Studies and Social Sciences or related field.
- Minimum 3 years (with Masters’ degree (or equivalent)) of experience of work at the national and/or international level in human rights, gender equality or women empowerment or related field.
- Proven experience in human rights, gender equality or women empowerment project/initiatives implementation, including project/initiatives design, realization, monitoring and evaluation, or related field preferably in the international environment.
- Experience in developing partnership with the private sector on women economic empowerment is required.
- Experience in advocacy for gender equality and women's empowerment is desirable.
- Proven experience in the development of analytical paper/research/tools and providing capacity building activities on human rights and gender equality is an advantage.
- Deep knowledge in human rights and gender equality international and national frameworks, focusing on women’s economic empowerment and private sector engagement.
- Strong knowledge in Women Empowerment Principles, and other international and national good practices on women’s economic empowerment and engagement of private sector; strong knowledge of networks/business associations at international, regional, national and local levels working on women’s economic empowerment.
- Experience of working with relevant stakeholders from the governmental and non-governmental institutions involved into women economic empowerment at the national and sub-national levels; experience in establishing coordination and/or inter-relationships among international organizations, national government institutions, CSOs, media and private sector is an advantage.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office, Outlook, etc.).
- Fluency in oral and written Ukrainian and English languages.
UN Women Personal History Form (P11) must be completed and attached as part of the online application - https://www.unwomen.org/-/media/headquarters/attachments/sections/about%20us/employment/un-women-p11-personal-history-form.doc?la=en&vs=558
At UN Women, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. UN Women recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ability, national origin, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, integrity and organizational need.
If you need any reasonable accommodation to support your participation in the recruitment and selection process, please include this information in your application.
UN Women has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UN Women, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to UN Women’s policies and procedures and the standards of conduct expected of UN Women personnel and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. (Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check).