The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) contributes to the achievement of the 2030 Agenda through FAO Strategic Framework by supporting the transformation to MORE efficient, inclusive, resilient and sustainable agrifood systems, for better production, better nutrition, a better environment, and a better life, leaving no one behind.
The Shared Services Centre recommends and administers process management and procedures that need to be executed effectively; ensures the management of quality assurance activities associated with the transactional processes and implementation of service delivery; continuously improves the satisfaction of its customers, internal or external, while pursuing a continuous improvement agenda that will drive up service excellence while driving down the costs of service delivery through process standardization, process automation and self-service capabilities.
The post is located in the Human Resources (HR) Unit of the FAO Shared Services Centre (SSC) in Budapest, Hungary.
The National Professional Officer (Affiliate Workforce) reports to the Human Resources Officer who leads the NSHR Subunit.
Administration of human resources matters with emphasis on affiliate workforce.
Effective and efficient provision of administrative and human resources support to the Organization.
• Advises on and supports with respect to all areas of human resources servicing;
• Participates in work planning within the SSC;
• Develops human resources development plans for staff of the office; supports and coordinates staff training efforts within the office; advises local and international staff, experts and consultants on specific aspects of salaries, entitlements, contracts, etc.;
• Drafts communications and correspondence with the host country, including reports and HR related statistics;
• Researches background to resolve difficult and unusual problems related to non-staff and staff conditions of employment;
• Monitors the work of the team and reviews reports on performance;
• Participates in the development of training and related training materials and promotes best practices and capacity development at headquarters and in Decentralized Offices;
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Provides advice and support to the HR Unit on all areas of non-staff human resources servicing;
• Ensures the delivery of results within established Service Level Agreements and effective responses to clients for optimal service;
• Coordinates and supervises the activities of an operational team in the area of non-staff human resources contracting, recruitment and validation, and any other team defined in the HR Unit;
• Reviews terms of reference of international non-staff human resources, reviews and approves contracts;
• Advises internal and external clients on specific aspects of entitlements and contracts for FAO affiliate workforce;
• Researches background to resolve difficult and unusual problems related to non-staff conditions of employment;
• Advises on complex hiring and validation cases;
• Contributes to process improvement initiatives where possible and undertakes requirements gathering activities in the assigned area of work for eventual process improvement in collaboration with other SSC Units and the Human Resources Division.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• National of Hungary
• Advanced university degree in a field related to human resources, business management and/or public administration and two years of relevant experience in human resources and/or public administration
• Working knowledge (proficient - level C) of English and Hungarian
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions.
• Extent and relevance of experience in human resources, business management and/or administration.
• Experience in a shared services or business support centre is desirable.
• Limited knowledge (intermediate - level B) of another official FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).