<<>> ATTN Manager: Please adjust the Job Description using this section ONLY. This Position Description will be used for posting the job on the career site. <<>>
<<>> ATTN Recruiter: Please delete these instructions before posting on the career site. <<>>
Leads and directs the development and implementation process for company projects involving departmental or cross -functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing projects. Plans and directs project schedules and monitors budget/spending. Monitors the project from initiation through delivery. Organizes project(s) activities ensuring completion of the project on schedule and within budget constraints. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
Determination of job level is based on combination of primary and secondary criteria (e.g., revenue, headcount, sales pipeline, and other factors).
- Responsible for creating, promoting, and maintaining safe and equitable work environments for all personnel, including a harassment- and violence-free work culture, and systems for safeguarding project participants.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities for designated projects to ensure that goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- Reviews project proposals and plans to determine scheduling, budget, procedures, staffing, and allotment of resources needed for projects.
- Establishes work plans, project teams, and SOPs to meet project goals and ensure compliance with policies.
- Develops proposals and research sources for funding projects.
- Provides guidance and training to managers and staff to achieve project goals.
- Participates in the strategic development of methods and techniques with executive management.
- Establishes, serves, and maintains partnerships with internal and external stakeholders on project matters.
- Provide leadership to the project team, ensuring clarity over plans and priorities, encouraging effective teamwork.
- Responsible for induction of project staff, ensuring their familiarity with mandate values, quality standards, policies and project objectives and their individual responsibilities in upholding these standards and policies.
- Determination of job level is based on combination of primary and secondary criteria (i.e., Revenue, Headcount, and number of Contracts/Sub-Awards and other factors).
- Supports performance management and professional development of direct reports, including ongoing feedback, coaching, and career support.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts and practices with project management, process development and execution.
- Excellent and demonstrated project management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills.
- Strong consultative skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to plan, organize, and manage resources for successful completion of projects.
- Ability to motivate, influences, and collaborates with others.
- Ability to build positive local working relationships with local communities, district government officials, UN and where appropriate, donor representatives.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent.
- English, fluent in host country language.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Decisions and actions have a significant impact on management and division operations.
- Problems encountered are complex and highly varied.
- Exercises judgment to meet business strategies and develops objectives that align with organizational goals.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Sets goals and budgets for projects and leads department in achieving strategic goals.
- Leads coordination of resources for ongoing projects across business units and addresses/resolves project issues.
- Typically reports to Program Director or Portfolio Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent • Civil Society, Communication and Social Marketing, Economic Development, Education, the Environment, Gender, Health, Nutrition, Research, Technology and Youth or a Related Fields.
- Project Management (PM) Certification preferred.
- Typically requires 12+ years of relevant experience with projects management principles and practices (including 8+ years of line management experience).
- Proficient with applicable rules, regulations, and policies associated with international development and non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
- Demonstrated experience in multi-sector project management and implementation.
- Demonstrated strategic planning, staff development and capacity building experience.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing complex projects that are strategic in nature and national/international in scope.
- Experience operating in insecure environments.
- Experience working in a non-governmental organization (NGO).
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 5 - 25 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office 365 (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Skype/TEAMS, e-mail), office telephone, cell phone and printer/copier.
Date Revised: 9/13/2021
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.
This job is no longer available.