We are seeking a Head of Finance for regular position to work within the Accounting & Finance Department at the International Vaccine Institute in Seoul, Korea.
This job is responsible for ensuring efficient Finance operations and the safeguarding of assets per established guideline at IVI. The role is required to support and report on financial matters to senior management/BOT as directed by Deputy Director General of Finance & Operations.
Main Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ensure Accurate Accounting & Financial Reporting
- Coordinate Monthly closing process in time and issue management reporting to COO.
- Lead the finance capability in IVI ensuring effective financial controls and reporting are in place with full compliance of US GAAP reporting standards and donor requirements.
- Lead external audits with an audit firm and other donors/agencies while ensuring clean audit opinions.
- Ensure full compliance with applicable Korean and US regulations on all financial matters, reporting, tax, insurance etc.
- Prepare regular financial forecasts, including program/project/core updates.
- Manage institutional financial risks by identifying and proposing corrections for deviations from plan.
- Provide financial management and guidance to maintain IVI’s core cost structure within agreed targets per IVI policy.
- Ensure appropriate treasury policies to safeguard cash, satisfy donor requirements and manage risk exposures are in place. Manage cash and tax related matters.
- Ensure effective internal financial control framework of system and processes through providing clear guidance and timely information to DDG F&O of any risks or issues, with remediation plan proposals.
- Develop strategic financial plan
- Lead the financial planning process across IVI including departmental and project reviews, consolidation and analysis up to finalization of Board Financial presentation decks.
- Monitor and facilitate implementation of strategic financial plans as approved by BOT
- Provide leadership to the senior managers of IVI in financial matters.
- Liaise with external and internal stakeholders in financial aspect
- Ensure effective financial support to enable reporting to all funders, including state funders; Korea, Sweden, India. Support Ad hoc Audits (donors, funders etc)
- Collaboratively and constructively interface with other functional heads and relevant stakeholders to effectively manage IVI performance and accomplish objectives in financial aspect.
- Provide ad hoc financial support to DDG F&O/COO as required.
- Lead and manage an effective Finance environment
- Build, manage and motivate a highly effective, professional team with collaborative mindset and positive behaviors.
- Continuously improve financial processes and systems to ensure accuracy and operational effectiveness
- Provide advice, coaching and training to financial staff as well to the project administration group to ensure seamless collaboration.
- Develop and improve Onboarding Financial training.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (MBA or Master’s degree preferred)
- Related Field Work Experience
- 15+ years (5+ years of people management experience)
- Technical and Professional Skills / Knowledge
- Professional accounting designation (CPA or equivalent)
- Language Proficiency