Inclusion Technical Specialist
Location: IRAQ - Erbil with frequent travels
Starting date: 01/02/2022
Duration of the mission: 3 years contract with a first mission of 24 months
Closing date for applications: 02/01/2022
Posting reference: -SLE-12-21-6904
HI has been registered and operational in Iraq since 1991 and has become a lead implementing agency in the emergency response in the Health and Protection sectors, operating across Ninewa, Kirkuk, Baghdad, Sulemaniyah and Diyala Governorates. Since 2014, HI has scaled up its intervention in Iraq to respond to the humanitarian needs.
In line with HI Iraq’s Operational Strategy for the period 2017-2020, the global objective of HI programming in Iraq is to Enhance the protection and resilience of conflict-affected communities in Iraq; an objective achieved through an operational framework of three central pillars:
• Arms Risk Reduction: Reduce the impact of the Conventional Weapon (CW) and Improvised Explosive Devices (IED) for conflict-affected populations through Risk Education and land release
• Health: Improve access to specific services for the most vulnerable people whose physical and functional and/or psychological integrity is compromised, through the provision of physical rehabilitation and Mental Health/Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) services
• Access to Essential Services: Ensure equal access to essential services, protection and basic needs for all conflict-affected populations, including persons with disabilities
Under the management of the Technical Unit Manager, as Inclusion Technical Field Specialist, you are responsible to ensure harmonization of HI Iraq’s inclusion approach through coordination with external actors and HI programme staff.
You contribute to the implementation of the mandate and the 10-year strategy of Humanity & Inclusion. You ensure optimal quality and impact of the projects implemented in the country, through a delegation system with appropriate control mechanisms. You share with all HI managers the responsibility of a sound management and successful functioning of the global organization, through paradigm changes.
In this framework, your main missions are:
• Contribute to the regional strategies in line with the global strategies
• Ensure technical support to projects in line with the global technical frameworks and standards on your sectorial scope
• Ensure technical learning from projects
• Ensure the control & monitoring of the technical quality and the relevance of HI’s activities in the Programmes under your scope
• You hold Degree in Humanitarian Action/Development studies or social fields (Occupational therapy, Physiotherapy, Social work….)
• You have experience working directly with people with disabilities (social assistance, personalised support) & good understanding of the rights of persons with disabilities, and other vulnerable groups and their challenges in humanitarian settings and are familiar with principles and frameworks that promote inclusive humanitarian action for persons with disabilities
• You show proven experience in projects mainstreaming disability in humanitarian action and providing technical guidance on mainstreaming disability to INGOs
• You know and you like designing and facilitating training on inclusion and related topics (human rights, disability, age, gender, accessibility…)
• You have strong internal and external coordination and representation skills
• You are able to work under high pressure with a great level of personal organisation
• You are fluent in English (oral & written); Arabic and / or Kurdish language skills would be an asset
English : Fluent
You will be based in Erbil, with travel to other governorates of intervention: Ninewa, Kirkuk, Dyala, Anbar, Baghdad.
Movements in Kurdistan region of Iraq is relatively free. Movement within Federal Iraq is subject to tight security restrictions and a curfew; however, there are some limited opportunities for leisure, eg restaurants, hotels. The situation in Baghdad remains fragile with persistent threats and tight security measures.
You will be expected to travel for 2/3 of the time of the deployment.
At HI, the conditions offered are up to your commitment and adapted to the context of your mission. https://hi.org/en/join-the-team
• 3 years International contract starting from February 2022, with a first mission of 2 years
• The international contract provides social cover adapted to your situation:
o Unemployment insurance benefits for EU nationals
o Pension scheme adapted to the situation of our employees: If you already have a personal pension scheme HI will contribute at the same level of your personal monthly contribution with a maximum of 272.53€/month ; If you do not have a personal pension scheme, we will open a private pension account with your contribution of 272.53€/month and a contribution of HI of the same amount
o Medical coverage with 50% of employee contribution
o Repatriation insurance paid by HI
• Salary from 2757€ gross/month upon experience
• Perdiem: 517€ net/month - paid in the field
• Paid leaves: 25 days per year;
• R&R: 5 days every 3 months
? open to couples (from 12 months of mission)
? Support travel costs (air ticket & visa) for accompanying dependent and health/ repatriation insurance if the dependent has no income/
? Mission of more than 18 months: payment of one yearly additional return flight
• Housing: Collective or individual (depending of your status) taken in charge by HI
If you are resident in the country: local package