The AATM has become the essential annual African agricultural trade publication, highlighting key trends, competitiveness of Africa’s local and global value chains, identifying trade barriers and opportunities for strengthening trade. Each year, the report covers six chapters on Africa’s role in global trade and Intra-African Trade patterns, and distinct chapters to highlight the competitiveness of a few essential agricultural value chains, offer a regional focus for a select region, and highlight a specific issue relevant to the times. The report is co-produced by IFPRI and Akademiya2063.
IFPRI is seeking a qualified contributing author to work collaboratively on a team of 2-3 co-authors, to conduct literature reviews, analyze data from the AATM database and potentially other data sources, and write a chapter for the AATM2021. The consultancy is virtual, but requires expertise and experience on the African continent.
Scope of work
- Conduct literature review on issues related to international trade flow, barriers to trade and related socio-political factors
- Analyze and create visual representations of data from AATM database and other relevant sources
- Collaboratively work on team of co-authors and other AATM team members and editors to write chapter for the AATM2021
- Participate in the complete peer review and editing process to prepare the manuscript chapters for publication according IFPRI standards
- Conduct data analysis, statistical analysis in Excel or statistical software
- Conduct literature reviews & synthesis
- Assist in presenting large datasets for policymaking and broad stakeholder audience
- PhD in Agricultural Economics, macroeconomics or related field, or Masters degrees plus five years of professional experiences in these fields
- Demonstrated professional experiences (peer-reviewed publications) of international trade research within the past 10 years, including the past 5 years
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English.
- Demonstrated experience in effective interaction and coordination with collaborators and project partners.
- Excellent drafting skills and analytical mind.
Application Deadline: December 10, 2021