The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
CIFOR-ICRAF is looking for a
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Coordinator
CIFOR-ICRAF is currently seeking to fill several positions in The Asia Continental Program (ACP) for the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) for Trees Outside Forest in India (TOFI) program. The TOFI Program will run for five years – November 1, 2021 to October 31, 2026) in Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Haryana, Odisha, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu and Uttar Pradesh. Initial appointment will be for a period of one year with a probation period of 3 months for Local Positions. Contracts will be renewed every year during the 5 years’ duration of TOFI, based on performance, timely delivery, and continued relevance for the position. All these positions will be under CIFOR-ICRAF umbrella, and while contributing to TOFI’s implementation; hired staff will also be actively engaged in overall CIFOR-ICRAF program in India. The positions may continue beyond TOFI subjected to availability of placement and funding.
- Job Category: Locally Recruited Position,
- Remuneration package: INR 1,200,888 – 2,321,607 p.a.
- Cash Benefits: Base salary, House rent allowance, fixed dearness allowance, leave travel allowance, children education allowance, etc
- Non-cash Benefits: The staff, spouse and two dependent children are entitled for in-patient medical health insurance policy; and for outpatient medical care (equivalent to one month salary plus fixed dearness allowance) for a calendar year
- Duty station: New Delhi, India with frequent travel within India
Duties and responsibilities
The successful applicant will be based in New Delhi, India and will report to TOFI’s Chief of Party, CIFOR-ICRAF. As a key member of TOFI’s Senior Program Leadership Team (SPLT) and supported by ICRAF’s Head, Impact Acceleration and Learning, the incumbent will be responsible for delivering and fine tuning TOFI’s MEL Plan (Monitoring Sub-plan; Evaluation Sub-plan; and Learning Sub-plan).
Summary of responsibilities
- Set up and oversee TOFI’s Performance Indicator Tracking System (PITS).
- Oversee and coordinate Data Quality Audits (DQAs).
- Support and synthesize results from context “SWOT” monitoring reviews.
- Coordinate state-level appraisals of the policy environment and TOF investment landscapes.
- Design and oversee the administration of sample surveys and large plantation monitoring, liaising with key geoinformatics scientists for remote sensing-based verification.
- Verify and document Cases of Indirectly Facilitated TOF expansion (CIFT).
- Organize and support the facilitation of annual intra- and inter-state reflection and sharing events.
- Design and coordinate the undertaking of Annual Learning Deep Dives (ALDDs).
- Package and communicate data and evidence pertaining to the above to both inform adaptive program management and out-scaling processes.
- Attend to any other work assigned by CIFOR-ICRAF
Education, knowledge and experience
- Master’s degree in a relevant subject with PhD being an added advantage.
- A minimum of 8 years field experience in conducting surveys, monitoring interventions of donor-funded projects and or/development programs.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, with excellent writing, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with CG or other international agencies.
- Experience with survey development, statistical sampling, mobile surveys, and data analysis, using software, such as ODK, SurveyCTO, or Kobo, and statistical analysis packages, such as Stata or R.
- Demonstrable experience working in India’s rural context in general and it’s agricultural and/or forestry sectors in particular.
- Experience of working in large multi-disciplinary teams will be an advantage. Ability to frequently travel to target states.
Personal attributes and competencies
- Demonstrated ability to work in challenging environments and with multi-cultural teams.
- Strong skills in conceptualization, communication, and reporting.
Terms and conditions
- This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position.
- Duration of the contract: One year renewable contingent upon availability of funds, continued relevance of position and performance of the incumbent.
- CIFOR-ICRAF offers competitive remuneration in local currency commensurate with skills and experience.
- CIFOR-ICRAF reserves the right to modify the number of positions, locations, timeline or cancel the hiring as necessary.
- Based on the performance/ competencies and needs, hired staff may be relocated to other project locations upon mutual consent.
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application online with cover letter, with at least three reference through CIFOR-ICRAF career page
- Application without cover letter and references will not be considered.
- Candidates should mention the position and location (if applicable) they are applying in the cover letter.
To apply, please visit our career site at: https://www.cifor.org/careers, https://www.worldagroforestry.org/working-for-icraf, https://www.cifor-icraf.org/careers
To learn more about CIFOR-ICRAF, please visit our websites at: https://www.cifor.org, www.worldagroforestry.org, https://www.cifor-icraf.org
CIFOR-ICRAF promotes Gender Diversity – Applications from women professionals are encouraged.
CIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity.
The application deadline is 23 Dec-2021
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.