UNDP works in more than 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty and the
reduction of inequalities, poverty and exclusion while protecting the planet. UNDP helps countries develop
strong policies, skills, partnerships and institutions so they can sustain a multidimensional level of progress
that extends beyond economic gains. UNDP has worked in India since 1951 in almost all areas of human
development, from systems and institutional strengthening to inclusive growth and sustainable livelihoods, as
well as sustainable energy, environment and resilience.
UNDP India is working to its best ability to support various Ministries, donors, partners, projects and state
teams across the country on communication, engagement and media initiatives. To ensure effective and
timely communication and engagements with a wide range of stakeholders and audiences, UNDP India
needs to create a series of collateral packages and focus on enhancing its brand visibility through its various
communication initiatives on biodiversity conservation, resilience and climate change. Keeping these
requirements in mind, UNDP India seeks the services of a graphic design intern to strengthen
communications in the Natural Resource Management and Biodiversity portfolio.
The intern will be responsible for developing high quality content and will be responsible for adapting, editing,
et al, of communication products for dissemination through project and state teams.
Under the guidance of Communications Officer, NRM & Biodiversity, UNDP India the intern is expected to:
· Create engaging digital/print content, including graphics, brochure, publications, Gifs, posts, stories, etc.
· Create social media designs according to platforms and experiment with thumbstoppers
· Provide assistance to the state/project team with designing collaterals;
· Support the team to prepare short write up/communication for dissemination;
· Prepare PowerPoint presentations, visual representations, infographics as required;
· Support in planning and curation of events and campaigns.
· Work with the team to ideate and design communication collaterals
· Any other task as advised by the team
Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of
application meet one of the following requirements:
(a)Be enrolled in a relevant postgraduate degree programme (such as a
master’s programme in graphic design/ communication design);
(b) Be enrolled in the final academic year of a relevant first university
degree programme (such as bachelor’s degree or equivalent); Candidates
in graphic design/ communication design are preferred
(c) Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a)
and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year