Opening on: November 18, 2021 at 06:00pm (China Standard Time)
Closing on: December 09, 2021 at 06:00pm (China Standard Time)
Based in: Shanghai, China
Target Market: Global recruitment
Reporting to Director General, Project Portfolio Management, or any other manager as the VP and COO may designate from time to time, the incumbent will act as a senior expert and be responsible for preparation, review of operations policies and guidelines related to appraisal, negotiation and monitoring of investment projects, in line with standards of multilateral development banks.
This position will focus on development of internal regulatory framework (polices and guidelines) for sovereign, sovereign guaranteed operations and non-sovereign operations.
Specific responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Draft and update operational policies, guidelines, regulations and procedures in close collaboration with other departments of the Bank.
- Identify, build, and incorporate lessons learned from the Bank’s operations, from project origination stage, project appraisal process, to project implementation stage, for both sector knowledge and operational experiences, in close collaboration with other Departments under Vice Presidency of Operations (OPS) as well as the Regional Offices and Centers.
- Build and manage relationships with project financing experts of other MDBs, national development banks and other financing institutions to identify best practices applicable to NDB.
- Contribute to the development of new products under Operations.
- Contribute to the development of the NDB’s business strategy.
- Conduct regular evaluations and analysis to improve the quality of Bank’s entire project portfolio.
- Support Regional Offices and Centers and the East-Asia Pacific Desk in strengthening implementation monitoring and expediting of disbursements for Bank’s projects.
- Conduct analysis of operations to improve the quality of Bank’s entire project portfolio.
- Keep abreast of the market developments, trends, opportunities and challenges in infrastructure landscape and long-term financing and provide inputs to NDB OPS management on operations strategy, policies and business plans.
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned from time to time.
- Minimum 7-9 years of relevant professional experience in multilateral development banks on positions focused on project appraisal, implementation and operational policies.
- Successful track-record in sovereign/non-sovereign project financing and implementing in one or several sectors: clean energy, water, waste and sanitation; transport; urban development, environment protection and energy efficiency; health and education.
- Proven expertise in developing new banking products, devising policies and guidelines, designing business processes for banking operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid knowledge of economic analysis and financial analysis of investment projects
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in a relevant field from a reputed university.
The professional grade will be determined at the end of the recruitment process based on the skills and relevant experience assessment of the selected candidate.
Please be sure to fill out all sections in English, without using ALL capital letters.
Please upload a resume/CV in English and do not upload a Resume/CV which has more than 10 pages.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit the application form given below. In case you face any technical difficulty in submitting the application form, please email your detailed Curriculum Vitae only in English and Word format along with the required information (Date of Birth, Nationality, Gender, Information on relatives working or associated with NDB, if any, etc.) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the Position Title you are applying for in the subject of the email.