Vacancy no.: RAPS/3/2021/INFOTEC/01
Publication date: 12 November 2021
Application deadline (midnight Geneva time): 13 December 2021
Job ID: 6799
Organization Unit: TMS
Contract type: Fixed Term
The following are eligible to apply:
Staff members with at least five years of continuous service with the Office are encouraged to apply.
Applications from officials who have reached their age of retirement as defined in Article 11.3 of the Staff Regulations on or before 31 December 2017, or who have already separated from ILO service upon retirement or early retirement, will not be considered.
The ILO values diversity among its staff and welcomes applications from qualified female candidates. We also encourage applicants with disabilities. If you are unable to complete our online application form due to a disability, please send an email to email@example.com.
The ILO welcomes applicants with experience in working within ILO constituents (governments, employers’ and business membership organizations, and workers’ organizations).
Applicants from non- or under-represented member States, or from those member States which staffing forecasts indicate will become non- or under-represented in the near future would be particularly welcome. A list of these countries can be found here: https://jobs.ilo.org/content/Non--and-under-represented-member-States/
In addition to the interviews and tests that any candidate may be required to take, successful completion of the ILO Assessment Centre is required for all external candidates and any internal candidate applying to a higher category.
Notwithstanding the general considerations set out in the ILO Staff Regulations, this vacancy announcement is the only authoritative document pertaining to the qualifications required for this position. The minimum required qualifications were determined in view of the specific duties and responsibilities of this position.
The specific language requirements for this position are detailed hereunder. However, candidates applying for the professional category vacancies who have not already successfully completed their probationary period within the ILO and whose mother tongue is not one of the working languages of the Office (English, French and Spanish), shall be required to possess a fully satisfactory working knowledge of at least one of the ILO working languages. If appointed they may be required to acquire a knowledge of a second working language of the Office during their initial years of service.
The position is located in the Technology Management Services (TMS) Branch within the Information and Technology Management Department (INFOTEC). INFOTEC provides modern, secure, and reliable IT infrastructure, technologies, applications and services to enable the ILO to effectively use technology to perform its mission.
TMS conceptualizes, delivers, and supports the technology required by clients to work effectively. TMS focuses on reducing risk, enabling mobile and productive staff, and identifying efficient and effective solutions to meet the demands of clients.
The position will provide support for the end user computing environment at ILO headquarters, with a particular focus on the provision of Microsoft 365, Microsoft End Point Manager and Active Directory expertise.
The position will report to the Head of User Support Services in TMS.
1. Using tools such as Microsoft Endpoint Manager, configure and support the deployment of the desktop operating system and applications to ILO end users devices (laptops, desktops, smartphone, tablets).
2. Evaluate the evolution of the Office 365 application offerings with a view to identifying which ones are relevant for the Office. Provide, manage, monitor, and decommission Office 365 related services following established change and release management processes.
3. Fulfil the role of the Technology Management Service “Microsoft 365” expert. Coordinate with fellow IT team members in troubleshooting issues experienced with Microsoft 365 services providing assistance in a timely and professional manner. Provide second level support for resolving incidents and service requests
4. Create and maintain Office 365 related group policies, standard operating procedures and technical documentation for project and services associated with endpoints.
5. Provide expertise and assistance with migration projects including SharePoint 2016 to SharePoint online
6. Develop user guides, videos and other training materials for educating end-users on Microsoft 365 capabilities and collaboration tools (OneDrive, Forms, Teams, OneNote, Outlook and other relevant online applications), analyse the new features to see which ones are relevant for users.
7. Write Powershell scripts to perform functions such as Microsoft 365 administration and reporting. Execute automated test runs.
8. Prepare and conduct presentations about desktop hardware and software. Provide advice and demonstrate relevant technologies to users, organize the development of user guides and training materials
9. Following the guidance of the supervisor, define technical terms of reference, and qualitative and quantitative evaluation criteria for relevant request for proposals and procurement processes.
10. Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
First level university degree in computer science, electronics or other related field. Certification in MCSA/MCSE, Microsoft 365 is desirable.
At least five years of professional experience in the IT field. At least two years’ experience administering Office 365, managing users, groups, group policies, intune policies and access rights with Azure Active Directory, and working with Configuration Manager/intune to distribute software packages, and create reports. At least three years of experience programming with PowerShell. At least one year experience using Microsoft Desktop Analytics.
Excellent command of one official language (English, French, Spanish) of the Organization and a working knowledge of another official language. One of these languages must be English.
In addition to the ILO core competencies, this position requires:
• Basic knowledge of the following as applicable:
o overall computer concepts,
o personal computer hardware and software,
o the Internet,
o e-mail systems,
o PC/server/network operating systems,
o programming languages.
• Up-to-date knowledge of technological advancements, technical specifications and operating procedures in the area of work.
• Knowledge of the organization's computing environment.
• Ability to clarify users' requests and to respond to and resolve technical problems.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Ability to provide user support.
• Ability to produce documentation and reports.
• Strong knowledge and experience with multiple system environments consistent with the position accountabilities
• Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Microsoft 365 email support, OneDrive, and common 3rd party applications in an enterprise environment
• Ability to configure, troubleshoot and refresh Windows 10 in a Microsoft network environment on both desktop and laptop computers, network printers and online Microsoft 365 applications.
Conditions of employment
For more information on conditions of employment, please visit: https://jobs.ilo.org/content/International/
Any officials of the General Service category interested in applying to this position are hereby informed that, if selected, they will be offered the salary and allowances applicable to the grade of the position applied for, which may result in substantial changes in their take-home remuneration. In accordance with Article 3.4 of the Staff Regulations, the salary of an official, upon promotion, shall in no case be greater than the maximum salary of the grade to which he or she was promoted. For any questions or clarifications, please contact your HR partner at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application form. To apply, please visit the ILO Jobs website at https://jobs.ilo.org/. The system provides instructions for online application procedures.
Evaluation (which may include one or several written tests and a pre-interview competency-based assessment centre) and the interviews will tentatively take place during the 3 to 4 months following the application deadline. Candidates are requested to ensure their availability should they be short listed for further consideration.
Depending on the location and availability of candidates, assessors and interview panel members, the ILO may use communication technologies such as Skype, Video or teleconference, e-mail, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates at the different stages of the recruitment process, including assessment centres, technical tests or interviews.
The ILO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process whether at the application, interview, processing or training stage. Messages originating from a non ILO e-mail account - @ilo.org - should be disregarded. In addition, the ILO does not require or need to know any information relating to the bank account details of applicants.