Legal Counsel / Senior Counsel
NORDIC INVESTMENT BANK (NIB) is an International Financial Institution (IFI) owned by the Nordic and the Baltic countries. NIB provides financing to projects that promote productivity gains and environmental benefits for its member countries. NIB has the highest possible credit rating and it acquires the funds for its lending activities by borrowing on the international capital markets. NIB has some 200 employees and total assets amounting to over EUR 30 billion. NIB's headquarters are located in Helsinki, Finland. The main working language is English.
NIB's Legal Department, headed by the General Counsel, handles all legal aspects of NIB’s lending and treasury activities and provides legal support to institutional and administrative matters.
The Legal Department is looking for a Legal Counsel / Senior Counsel to join the Lending Operations Unit which provides legal services to NIB’s Lending Department. The Counsel will report to the Unit Head, and work as a transaction lawyer in NIB’s lending operations (bilateral loans, project finance and PPP transactions and other secured and unsecured financing activities).
Qualifications and skills
• Master of Laws degree (LLM or equivalent), qualification to practice law in at least one jurisdiction is considered an asset.
• At least five (5) years' professional experience including working with financing transactions in a financial institution and/or a top-rated law firm. Experience of project finance / PPPs is particularly appreciated.
• Excellent command of the English language, including a demonstrated skill to draft and negotiate legal documents in English. Skills in one of the Scandinavian languages is considered an asset.
• Good Analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills and interest in working in a multicultural environment.
• Ability to work independently and collaborate as a part of a team.
• Good organisational skills.
• Ability to handle pressure and meet challenging deadlines.
NIB offers an international banking environment and competitive remuneration package. NIB’s status as an IFI provides a novel perspective on the financial industry.
The position is located at NIB’s headquarters in Helsinki, Finland. We warmly welcome expatriate employees and their families by supporting their relocation and integration to a lively Nordic capital with a modern atmosphere.
For more information about this position, contact Mirja.Koskimaki@nib.int, Chief Counsel Head of Lending Legal.
To apply for the position and for more information about NIB, please visit https://www.nib.int/who_we_are/our_people/jobs. The deadline for submitting your application is 10 November 2021, applications will however be processed successively when received.
The vision of NIB is a prosperous and sustainable Nordic-Baltic region. Our employees are our strongest asset in realising this vision. Our core values are competence, commitment and cooperation.
In recruitment, NIB puts the main emphasis on personal and professional qualifications and experience. The Bank has zero tolerance for any type of discrimination, which includes discrimination on the basis of gender, age, sexual orientation, nationality, ethnic origin, family status, religion, health, political activities or any other comparable circumstance.
NIB is a professional expert organisation, and encourages employees to continuously develop their professional competencies while maintaining a sustainable work-life balance.
Chief Counsel Head of Lending Legal