UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Under the overall guidance of the Chief, Information and Communications Technology (ICT) and the direct supervision of the Operations Manager, the ICT Associate executes ICT services in the country office, implements ICT management systems and strategies, provides daily technical support to users of information management tools and technology infrastructure. The incumbent is responsible for review and advice on the use of new technologies that will enhance the country office productivity. The ICT Associate promotes a client-oriented approach.
Implement ICT strategies and new technologies in accordance with corporate information management and technology standards, guidelines and procedures
- Provide inputs to the development and review of internal ICT policies and procedures as required;
- Draft ICT annual work plan for the office;
- Provide IT support in the use of Atlas (UN WOMEN’s implementation of PeopleSoft ERP) functionality for improved business results and improved client services.
Ensure effective functioning of the Country Office hardware and software
- Install, operate, and maintain all Country Office hardware equipment;
- Provide advice on the acquisition of hardware supplies,
- Make routine repairs and change of hardware electronic components;
- Plan, install and maintain all communication systems including mobile and satellite phones;
- Install commercial and in-house developed software and related upgrades, anti-virus programmes;
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of the software and hardware.
Ensure efficient networks administration
- Monitor the network connection on a daily basis to ensure stable and responsive network environment;
- Configure network printers and provide user access as required;
- Trouble-shoot and monitor network problems; respond to user needs and questions regarding network access;
- Liaise with UNDP to trouble-shoot and monitor network problems; respond to user needs and questions regarding network access
- Maintain up-to-date parameters of information for the network clients and electronic mail;
- Implement backup and restoration procedures for local drives; maintain backup logs; organize off-site storage of backups;
- Maintain measures for business continuity and disaster recovery processes and procedures including backup and restoration of both server and local storage facilities;
- Liaise with other UN agencies or venders to Manage Local Area Network (LAN) in accordance with UN Women requirements
Provide administrative support regarding ICT issues
- Provide technical support in the procurement of new ICT equipment for the Country Office, provide technical specifications and information on best options in both local and international markets, review quotations and bids;
- Maintain inventory and stock of supplies and spare parts in cooperation with the Procurement Unit;
- Process ICT equipment registration and disposal in ATLAS asset module, support to the physical inventory verification exercise by checking the accuracy of records and location of property and prepare inventory reports as required;
- Provide ICT support to key events.
Provide technical support and advice to Country Office staff
- Diagnose, evaluate, and prioritize requests for assistance from staff in RO/COs/ Programme Presence offices experiencing problems with hardware, application software, operating systems, networking and other computer related issues;
- Liaise with ICT Associate in HQ for support and guidance;
- Meet all ICT on-boarding requirements for new personnel.
Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the Country Office
- Identify and promote different systems and applications for optimal content management, knowledge management and sharing, information provision;
- Contribute to the organization of trainings for the CO staff on ICT issues;
- Synthesize lessons learned and best practices in ICT.
Key functional indicators
- Well maintained and serviced hardware and software;
- Quality support and advice to clients;
- Timely web maintenance;
- Quality trainings and reference materials.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Cisco Certified Network Engineer (CCNE) and Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) or equivalent required. If certification is not available at the time of recruitment, it should be obtained within 6 months.
- At least 4 years of working experience in network administration and use of hardware/software, telecommunications facilities for bachelor degree holders or 2 years experience for masters degree holders
- Fluency in English is required;
- Working knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
UNWOMEN is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.