UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. And we never give up.
For Every Child…Commitment
UNICEF's supply and logistics headquarters - Supply Division - is located in Copenhagen, which is also home to the largest humanitarian warehouse in the world. About a half of the 1000 colleagues are housed in Supply Division, Copenhagen with areas of expertise including logistics, procurement, warehouse management, product innovation, market insights, finance, pharma, nutrition, vaccines, cold chain and health technologies and engineering. Over 1000 colleagues work in the Supply Function across 97 countries and 173 offices and form the Supply Community.
The Global Transport Center coordinates and provides transport solutions for all UNICEF international shipments, establishes contracts, processes and systems for efficient and timely international transport services and expertise for SD operations and Develops technical In Country Logistics transport expertise to support UNICEF and Partners supply chain optimization and efficiency.
How Can You Make a Difference?
Under the general supervision of the Shipping Operation Manager, the incumbent will coordinate, expedite and monitor activities related to the international transport of supplies to ensure timely and cost-effective movement, with the overall goal of meeting the needs and requirements of UNICEF assisted programs and Procurement Service customers.
Key functions and accountabilities:
1. Performs forecast and data analysis of international shipments related to warehouse or suppliers’ orders, reports to manager and coordinate with other team members for prioritization and focus of urgent cargoes.
2. Supervises all shipment expeditions done by the shipping team and optimizes the workflow.
3. Liaise with the freight forwarders and other logistics partners to identify the optimal shipping and logistics solutions for UNICEF programs and procurement services.
4. Makes sure field offices and procurement centers in Supply Division are provided with timely and accurate freight estimates and quotations to ensure budget allocation.
5. Provides guidance and advice to field offices and other centers in Copenhagen on shipping matters such as packing, containerization, consolidation, mode of shipment, routings, etc. enabling correct instructions in purchase orders by Procurement and cost-effective delivery.
6. Manages complaints related to delivery of supplies and related international shipments ensuring complaint is registered with QAC, identification of corrective and preventative actions, and ensures consistent follow up with involved parties to resolve complaint
7. Provides support to the Shipping Operations Manager in relation to the freight forwarders contract management and day-to-day management of Supply Division's freight forwarding related contracts.
8. Any other duties or assignments as requested by the supervisor
To qualify as a Champion for every Child you will have…
Candidates should have the ability to extract and format data to solve operational problems and to organize own work, set priorities and meet deadlines. The incumbent should take responsibility to respond to internal and external service needs promptly and proactively; take initiative to ensure that deadlines, rules and regulations are met and use own discretion to address unforeseen situations. It is important to demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality, initiative and good judgment as well as courtesy, tact, patience and ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
• Valid work permit and residency in Denmark at the time of submitting the application. Note that the selected candidate is responsible for obtaining any required extension of their residence permit as such an extension cannot be dependent on an employment with UNICEF
• Completion of secondary education with additional professional training in accounting, logistics / supply-chain management, and/or general administration.
• A minimum of 6 years of experience in international transportation using multiple modes of transport (air, sea, road), cargo operations, commercial freight forwarding or related area.
• Strong working knowledge in the Microsoft Suite of Products (including MS Word, MS Excel & MS PowerPoint), with emphasis on MS Excel.
• Fluency in English
• Experience in working with ERPs
• Proficiency in another UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish)
• Fluency in Danish
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and our core competencies:
• Builds and maintains partnerships
• Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness
• Drive to achieve results for impact
• Innovates and embraces change
• Thinks and acts strategically
• Manages ambiguity and complexity
• Works collaboratively with others
To view our competency framework, please click here: https://www.unicef.org/careers/get-prepared
The closing date is 23 September 2021. Please be informed that all applications to UNICEF are handled via UNICEF's online recruiting system. You can apply to the above position by creating your profile, and application at our web site: https://jobs.unicef.org/en-us/listing/. Kindly note that all applications should be in English and that applications outside of the online recruiting system will not be accepted. Kindly also note that diversity and gender balance are factors in the selection process. Queries can be directed to Louise Pedersen at email@example.com
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization. UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Visit us at www.unicef.org/supply/